#6

02/01/2017

She comforted me today.

I didn't go to work. I skipped practice even though the tryouts for the SEA games was on the day after tomorrow. I didn't even wanna get up from the bed. I didn't wanna eat. I didn't wanna think. Not after I saw LA's post.

It was a picture of him and Den with Den hugging him from behind with her arms around his neck. Den was kissing LA's cheek. 

That was the probably most clingy picture of the two of them that I've ever seen. No matter how clingy Den was, most of her pictures with LA were just them being close to each other or her holding his arms. Nothing as physical as a kiss. Afterall, her relationship with LA was a cover up. I'm the real girlfriend.

Was.

Fuck. I was her girlfriend. Not anymore.

The caption of the photo made sure of that: 'Something right and real.'

It hasn't even been 10 days since Den and I broke up but she was already being happy with someone  else. The pain I was feeling was 1000 times greater than loosing against La Salle last season. It was the most painful feeling I have ever experienced.

My friends were concerned. They've been texting and calling me so I turned off my phone. I didn't want their pity. I didn't want their company. I didn't want anyone except Den.

But Den was no longer mine.

I cried. I punched the pillows, the bed. I threw books on my wall. But none of those made me feel better. Not the slightest.

It was late afternoon already when someone rang my doorbell. I ignored it. But the person was persistent, he/she kept ringing the doorbell until it was my ears that rang. So I stood up from my bed to turn away whoever it was on my door.

I callously opened the door, ready to bitch out.

But I was unprepared to see Mika wearing a gray v-neck shirt, white shorts, and sneakers,  standing on my doorstep with knitted brows and looks that could kill. 

"Bakit ang tagal mong buksan?" she snapped before barging in.

My jaw dropped in annoyance.

"Bahay mo?!" I asked angrily when I recovered before slamming the door. "Anong ginagawa mo dito?!"

Mika rolled her eyes before putting the bags of Jollibee on my dining table.

"Yayayain sana kita manuod ng sine pero di kita macontact kaya pinuntahan na lang kita," she said simply. "And you look like shit."

I suddenly became conscious of my appearance.  I was sure I looked like hell with my messy hair in my tank top and boxer shorts. I hid my embarrassment behind anger. She wasn't even supposed to be here. I din't want her to be here.

"How did you even know where I live? And I don't want company right now," I hissed. "And even if you say you're gonna post that damned audio recording then so be it! Baka 'yan pa ang maging dahilan para balikan niya ako," I said bitterly towards the end.

Not true. Den would hate me, if she didn't yet. I didn't want to ruin Den's image. But at the same time, I wasn't in the mood for Mika's blackmailing scheme.

"Ahh," I was surprised to see Mika holding a spoonful of sundae in front of me, urging me to open my mouth. So I did. I repeat, I was surprised.

I frowned as I swallowed the ice cream.

"Para mabawasan naman ka-bitter-an mo," she said with a teasing smile.