#2

01/24/2017

She made me break up with Kiefer today.

I was in the middle of texting and calling Den (she wasn't responding at all) when I got a message from an unknown number.

Bring cookies and cream ice cream. Thank you. - Mika

Then another message for an address.

I rubbed my forehead because my head was starting to ache.

Last night, Mika left soon after. I stayed in the restaurant for a couple more minutes unable to process anything. But for the life of me, I erased the whole encounter with Mika from my mind.

Surely, Mika wasn't serious with the blackmailing thing. After all, Mika was well-known for her 'always return kindness' attitude. Blackmailing me didn't seem like something she could do.

But I was wrong. Mika's next message showed me that.

Come here or the recording will go viral.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I had half the mind not to go because I didn't think Mika would do it but I didn't want to risk it. And I wanted to settle things with Mika properly.

I bought the ice cream Mika requested for and brought it to her condo unit while waiting for Den's reply all the while.

When I went in there, Mika opened the door looking so comfy in her jersey shorts and loose shirt. The damned woman didn't even seem to be planning to go out at all. 

"Yay! Thanks," Mika said while taking the ice cream from me and giving me the payment

She really made me do an errand. Damn.

She got a spoon before sitting on her couch and focusing on the TV.

I was left standing there by the door.

"Gusto mo?" Mika asked me when she noticed I didn't move. "Upo ka," she added while patting the space beside her.

I didn't move. The woman was absolutely crazy. After threatening me, she was acting all friendly. The fuck?

"Look, I'm not gonna stay for long. Can we talk about what you heard?" I said.

Mika turned off the tv.

"Sit," Mika said.

I ignored her.

Mika took her phone out and scrolled before showing it to me as if I could see it from where I was.

"I attached the recording in an email. Isesend ko 'to kay Bengs, ABS-CBN, GMA, TV5, Spin, Rappler, at kung saan-saan pa kung hindi mo ako susundin. So sit down, Alyssa."

My eyes went as big as it could. 

I went to her fast and tried to grab her phone but she kept it at the band of her shorts so I couldn't exactly get it.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I asked angrily.

I stood as tall as I could in front of her but she didn't even seem fazed. She even leaned on the couch and crossed her arms.

"Break up with Kiefer," she said.

"Ano?" I said with clenched teeth.

I was getting frustrated because I couldn't even talk to her properly.