#3

01/25/2017

I had my first 'date' with her today and she started calling me 'Babe'.

I was planning to go to Den's unit because I still couldn't reach Den when I received a text message from Mika.

From: Evil Witch

Tapos na practice ko ng 11am. Sunduin mo ako. Lunch tayo.

I ignored that text. I pretended I didn't get that.

From: Evil Witch

Hindi ko na kailangang i-remind ka kung ano mangyayari kapag di ka nagreply o pumunta diba?

Fuck.

Still, I ignored that. I didn't get any messages. I'd stick to that 'til my dying breath.

From: Evil Witch

Alam kong narereceive mo ang messages ko pero ayaw mo talaga magreply, ah. Will send the recording in 1 minute.

Fuuuuuuuck.

I was left with no choice but to respond. What a shitty way to start the day. 

When I went to the gym they were practicing in, I texted her that I was already there but she was the one who didn't respond so I decided to walk around instead.

I was walking around the gymnasium just because I wanted to and was about to turn in the corner towards the back of the gym when I heard Mika's name.

"Come on, Mika, you have to give me something. Just tell me what I did wrong para maitama ko?" I heard a masculine voice said.

I took the chance and peeked to see Mika talking to Jerome Ponce. Mika had her back on me so she didn't notice me while Jerome was focused on Mika.

"Wala kang kasalanan, Jerome. Ayoko na lang talaga," Mika replied.

"Bakit nga?!" Jerome looked frustrated.

"Sinabi ko na sayo dati diba? Wala akong feelings for you."

"Bullshit!" Jerome said firmly. "I know you feel something for me. Naramdaman ko sa mga actions mo so don't give me that crap!"

I noticed Mika fidgeting as if she was struggling really hard. I didn't know what her struggles were.

"Well, I don't! N-not anymore!" Mika stuttered. "Jerome, I'm sorry. I really am."

"Then let me make you fall in love with me!"

Mika's whole posture stiffened.

"I can't," Mika's voice was barely a whisper that I almost didn't catch what she said.

"Why?" Jerome asked with anguish in his voice.

I actually felt sorry for the guy. I got curious as to why Mika was turning him away. He seemed nice.

"Because..." Mika paused. 

I was so sure Mika was thinking of an excuse because she turned her head away from Jerome.

"Because?!"

"Because I'm in love with a girl!" Mika suddenly said.

I was taken aback. Mika was gay?!

"Mika naman, give me something more believable than that!" 

"Nasa iyo na 'yan kung maniniwala ka or hindi but I already said my piece. I'm sorry."