16. Not much of a surprise

Louis

"We're going to London!" Tina squealed, shaking my shoulders violently, and jumping up and down on the spot.

I nodded slowly, "yeah..."

Tina just rolled her eyes and whacked my arm, "Louis," she whined. "Harry lives in London, you do know?"

I sighed, "obviously I know that."

"Aren't you going to plan out some surprise ambush?" she asked, her expression drooped.

I laughed dryly, "why would I do that? I don't want him to think I'm crazier than I already am."

"He did it for you," she reasoned, and for some reason I reconsidered my options.

A) I could ambush Harry at some location in which he might be at, or maybe just his house.

B) I could stay in our hotel, and only go outside to shop, not really looking for Harry at all.

I figured option B would be the most appropriate way to approach this situation, and hey, if I run into Harry while I'm out and about, that's cool too. "Do you want me to help you out?" Tina asked.

I shook my head, "I think I'll cope."

___

We descended into the underground parking area, and parked Tina's grey Volvo; a present in which her rich grandparents bought her due to graduating high school. I, on the other hand, got a phone case with Harry Styles in his swim trunks on it, not that I could complain, really. 

My parents had mediocre jobs, although my moms job as a nurse couldn't hold seven kids together all that well. My mom had just given birth to twins, Ernie and Dorie, or you could just call them Ernest and Doris, but I like the nicknames much more. I told my mom to name them cute names, like Oliver and Paisley, but alas, my opinions were simply irrelevant. I did attend two University courses at our local college, which wasn't all that fancy, and the course selections were very limited. I was enrolled in Creative Writing, and Sociology, although the classes didn't really go into depth as much as I had hoped they would.

We were now settled in our petite hotel room, with two double mattresses, and a small bathroom beside the door. A typical hotel room, basically.

"Get a decent shirt on and let's go!" Tina yelled from the bathroom, where she was no doubt already trying to flatten her curly locks with a flat iron. 

"Can you please keep your hair down?" I asked. I really did admire her natural curls.

"No, Louis," she hissed. "Jesus, what is with you wanting me to keep my hair natural. I mean, you of all people should know what good hair looks like."

I think that was supposed to be an insult directed towards my homosexuality, but I brushed it off, knowing that Tina couldn't have meant any harm by the comment. "I do know what good hair looks like, which is why I'm telling you to keep it natural."

She walked out of the bathroom, her hair still curly, as I was guessing the flat iron was taking its time to heat up. She sighed, lifting a finger to rest on her chin as she stared at me, "do you really think I look better with it natural?"

I rolled my eyes, "yes, I've told you this five thousand times."

She looked down at her feet. If I'm being completely honest, I loved her shoes, the slim grey, heel-less kicks were casual and stylish, and- oh, god I sounded like a girl.

"Stan said he liked me when I had straight hair," she whispered.

I smiled, patting her shoulder, "yeah, and Stan had a small penis."

She sighed, blinking slowly, "yeah, he did, why did I even date him?"

"I know, I mean, who eats turkey bacon over real bacon?"

She peered at me, "you like turkey bacon better..."

I nodded, "and I'm gay."

She burst out laughing, giving me a tight hug, "oh, I love you." She planted a kiss on my cheek, and I squirmed in her arms, struggling to get out of her tight grasp.

____

We were walking along the cobble stone side walk, looking in the lit up windows of shops and small cafes, once in a while Tina would stop and announce that she just had to get that pair of shoes, or just needed that top. Long story short, I was now carrying three shopping bags of hers- not that they were heavy or large or anything, but I mean, why?

My stomach grumbled, and I yanked on the sleeve of Tina's sweater- it was surprisingly warm in London. "I'm hungry," I pouted, clutching my belly for good measure.

She nodded in agreement, "me too, where do you want to eat?"

I shrugged, "McDonalds?"

She just gasped, hitting my arm, "Louis, we're in London, not Doncaster, you dolt. We're eating some where... Exclusive, modern, and... In."

I just rolled my eyes, following her down the beautiful street, where more people seemed to be. It was literally deserted a few blocks back and now it seems everybody in swarming together. I groaned, tugging on Tina's sweater to turn around and walk back.

She just shrugged me off, "people are obviously here for a reason, it must be the more popular part of London."

I just groaned internally for the five hundredth time, just before being yanked along into the crowd of bodies. I tripped over a few people, and maybe got elbowed in the ribs a few times, but not before actually falling and struggling to get back up. 

Tina just laughed, of course, only dragging me along behind her as we descended into a small restaurant that seemed cleared off enough. I looked up the the sign, Valenti's.

I trailed behind as Tina got us a table right beside the window, and pulled out a menu. I looked over the selection, which just seemed to be... Pizza.

I thought that Tina had known about my picky-ness over pizza,  but apparently, she did not. Although, we did end up getting a medium pepperoni pizza with cheese, much to her distaste. 

I just laughed as she made a face every time she picked off a piece of pepperoni, while I silently picked some off of her plate, as she whacked my hands repeatedly, "Louis," she would scold me, while I would respond with an innocent shrug.

Suddenly, I saw flashes outside the window, and screams could be heard as well. Tina set down her pizza and watched, intrigued. 

"Harry!" 

His name was screeched from every corner, and soon enough the familiar mop of curls made way into the small restaurant, while the workers struggled to lock the doors from the outside to stop fans or paps from getting in. 

My face lit up with a smile, as I prepared for myself to wave at him. 

But my enthusiasm soon disappeared, and was replaced with distaste and hurt as I noticed who was clinging onto his arm. Tears welled up in my eyes, as Tina was already hauling the waiter over so we she could pay for our meal.

I swallowed back my tears, quickly looking down and blinking rapidly. I looked over to where Harry was seated. 

I think the point where I lost it was when we made that dreadful eye contact.

Or maybe it was the fact he was out with Kendall Jenner.

____