Ch 44 fishing

I sighed from bordem. I was being carried by kakashi cause he was needed at the bridge but he didnt trust me alone. Once we got there he set me down.
"Stay" he said and went to tazuna. Work was going slowly again. Especially with me out of commission. I wondered what i could do and i looled out at the water before i got a brilliant idea to pop in my head. Looking over at kakashi seeing as he wasnt watching i pulled out a scroll that had wire and string. Looking around i sighed and got up slowly and limped in great pain over to the small patch of trees near the bridge. After finding one that was about the width of my thumn and as long as my leg. Using it as a small crutch i walked bacl over to my spot and began assembling whats going to be a fishing rod. I had a scroll out prepared that was i can store the fish and they wont go bad. I pulled out a small bag of bread and put a piece on the end and threw out my line and began the wait. The long. Long. Wait.

~many many many long hours later~

I pulled in the next fish. I had surprisingly caught a good many fish. About 20 or so. I wish I had caught more but I'll take what I can get and figure out what to do after that. Hearing footsteps approach I turn to see kakashi walking over an annoyed look covering his face. Or at least what I could see of it. Sensing something was wrong and kinda glad it wasn't my fault for once I stood on shaky legs to greet him. "Kakashi what's wrong?" I asked him and watched as the annoyed face of my adoptive father turned towards the bridge builder.
"He said with you not working it puts the work several months behind. The bridge should be finished in just under six months." He informed he a hand coming under his headband to rub his eye as he felt a headache form. I understood that he wants to get out of here as soon as possible and while I did to I wanted the bridge build faster for a different reason. I can't kee this up for six months. Especially when I'm injured. Glancing down at my scroll of fish I scooped it up and hobbled to the irritated man "you know kakashi. I know you don't understand but everything could have been a lot worse. We're lucky we're walking away without a scratch." I informed him. At that he gave me a look and I realized what I said "mostly without a scratch." I corrected my statement. Speaking of which we still have that pot going on with me being healed in a week. Me and Haley have to get started on that plan cause I hate this. Using the branch I stood balanced as I stared at the ground. Kakashi cleared his throat and I looked back up. "Yeah?" I asked and his eye rolled.
"I said are you ready to go?" He asked again and I nodded "yeah I'm ready. I want to get back to training." I told him feeling the build up of chakra. Kakashi shook his head and threw sam over his back. "I don't think so." He said hooking her legs over his arms and throwing her arms slowly around his neck as to not injure sam any further.
  I said as I laid on his back unmoving as he took slow steps back to the house all the while the scroll of fish laid forgotten on the bridge.

~POV change~

Haku looked down at the scroll his friend had left behind and picked it up. He figured it's where she put the fish she caught earlier but couldn't help but wonder why she needed so many fish. Brushing it off with a shrug sure he'll get answers later the scroll was shoved into a pocket and he went along his merry way following behind everyone a good 30 or so feet letting himself get lost in his head.

~pov change~
Once we had gotten back to the house Kakashi brought me straight upstairs so I could lay in my mat in his own version of grounding. Normally I would have no problem with this but currently the evil one eye copy cat has it and refuses to give it back. I had even tried to use Robbie to get it back, having her give him a puppy dog look. And it worked! He gave it to her but then she betrayed me and ran off with it. I assume he got it back as that was yesterday but I'm currently not sure.
  I laid there for several hours in a meditative pose, my eyes shut and my breathing shallow. The only thing that changed was who was my guard. It went from Kakashi to zabuza to all of team seven then back to zabuza. Surprisingly haku never showed which worried me but haku can take care of himself. Night fall approached
Quickly and Kakashi took his team out to practice the stupid tree thing. Sakura was done obviously and Kakashi moved on with her but other than that the team needed help. Lots of help.  For the first time all day I was finally alone after zabuza left to find haku. Glancing around I reached into my pocket where I stuck the scroll of fish earlier and froze to find it gone. I quickly checked my other pockets but it wasn't there. It was gone. My head hung and the pain that shot through me wasn't enough to pull me out of my slump. I failed. I failed the village. I wasn't helping much but what I have done has given so many hope..and Scarlett rose wouldn't be there tonight. I had failed. My eyes slipped shut once more and I sat back, a sad sigh falling from my lips.
  "Looking for this?" A voice asked and I looked up to see haku holding the scroll I had earlier. A smile spread across my mask covered face and I nodded "yes actually thank you." I said reaching for it though I didn't get out of bed.
  Haku walked forward and held it outstretched in front of me but the moment the tips of my fingers were within grasp he pulled back.
  "Why do you need it?" He asked and I looked at him in shock.
   "Why do you want to know?" I asked him. I didn't want to give the truth but i didn't want to lie. Normally I would just fight my way through this but I'm a little out of commission.
  "Well?" He asked again.