Epilogue

I stood in front of the full length mirror, staring at myself. Who would have thought I'd be standing here? Around all of my loved one who were probably in more disbelief than I was.

Today, I would be married to my favorite person.

Even though I always said I didn't want to wear white on my big day, I decided that today wasn't for me. And my family, who were far from traditional, still wanted to see me in a perfectly white wedding dress.

The dress I fell in love with had a beige underline, the top part was mesh besides the whimsical flowers that were embroidered into it. It was cinched at the waist and went down smoothly, trailing behind me slightly when I had my heels on. My mum suggested glamorous necklaces and earrings but the only thing I wanted to wear was the engagement ring Simon graced me with.

I allowed my hair to fall down completely because we spent hours forcing it to flow in waves. As usual I would let anyone else do a thing to my makeup. No matter how much Freya insisted that it was my day and I shouldn't be worrying about anything.

"You look like an angel," Mum whispered behind me and rested her hands on my shoulders. I only blushed in response. In truth, I've never felt prettier.

"If your dad was here-"

"He is here, can't you feel him?" Dad was everywhere, in me, my mum, everyone he has ever encountered he had left a piece of him with them. All of the stories that would be said and laughed about left the memory of him bussing in the air. My only regret was that he wouldn't be walking me down the aisle. Part of me wanted to ask JJ to, but he was already Simon's best man, and if it wasn't my dad then it couldn't be anyone. I was not a religious person but I couldn't deny the feeling of him. Wherever he was, he took a break to come and be with me on my wedding day.

Mum nodded her head. "Yeah, I can babygirl, and he's so proud of you. What I would give to see that man in a suit one last time." Her comment caused me to throw my head back laughing. Always cheeky, those two.

Soon after the music started, Mum had to go find her seat in the front. It took Simon and I ages to figure out our bridal party. I was thrilled when he had asked Jide to be his best man, but the guys had a lot of best friends. Of course Josh, Tobi, Vik, Ethan, and Harry all had to be in it as well, including his brothers, Nick and Johnny. I was thankful to get him to stop there.

Freya was the easiest choice for my maid of honor, she cried for a long, long time when I asked her. It only made sense to invite the people who made my time in California as fun as possible to be my bridesmaids. Gabbie, Tana, Andrea, and Meredith couldn't be more okay with traveling to Scotland and staying around for a month while we did all the pre-wedding stuff. Then, Ethan's girlfriend, Emily and I had grown close from being around each other all of the time. That left two spots open and I gave them to my cousins, Analeigh and Nova.  Nova was younger than me by seven months, she lived in New York.  She was surprised when I asked her, us not being about to talk as much because of the time difference.  But she agreed anyway.

When it came time for me to start on my journey from the small hotel to the white runway.  Getting married inside a church didn't  feel right.  My parents got hitched in front of an old castle, so that was where I decided to have mine, it had a feeling of royalty and history.  Today was foggy, leaving a gray atmosphere and I couldn't be happier.  This was my favorite kind of weather, making everyone look unearthly.

This was it, my time to be unapologetically happy.  My heart was racing when I came around the corner and everyone turned toward me.  They were already quiet, but it was like everything around us, the ocean, the birds, got silent as well.