Chapter 39

Sorry for typos!!!

Today was the day.  I was finally going to tell JC how I felt about him, which wasn't anything really.  We had plans to hangout today and I decided I wanted to tell him in public in case there was a scene.  It was really insensitive of me considering that I didn't tell him sooner but there wasn't anything I could do.

At least JJ was still here to be my support system.  Come to think of it, when was he leaving?  Not that I didn't love that we were in California together but it had been three weeks.  He had made real life videos but nothing on his gaming channel.  The people who watched him obviously took notice and had been asking him about it on YouTube and Twitter.  The last thing I needed was to be blamed for him not uploading.

I was still putting a few touches of makeup on when JJ came strolling in after his shower in only a towel.  He dramatically jumped on my bed, getting my duvet wet.  As much as I tried to act like it bothered me I was so happy to have him hear annoying the shit out of me.  "Ok do you plan on leaving anytime soon?"

Most people would have been offended but obviously JJ just laughed it off.  "My plan is to leave when you finally decide to come with me."

"I can't!  I just bought this house!"  My voice said one thing but I couldn't deny the way his words made my heart beat faster.  Going home would mean so much more to me than just seeing Simon.  It was laying in bed with Josh and playing games with Vik.  Meeting Ethan's girlfriend and talking to Tobi about my problems because he was the most level headed out of all of them.  Cal and I would be making stupid videos and Callum would make me laugh by being a weird Callum I could always count on him being.  When I left London, I didn't just run away from Simon, I left everyone who I loved.

"We're supposed to be going out, can you hurry up and get dressed! Don't want to keep JC and Gabbie waiting."  Once Gabbie was able to confirm that I really didn't want to be with JC she offered for all of us to meet at the frozen yogurt cafe not too far from my house.  I knew the main reason was that she wanted to see JJ but I'd take any support that I could get.  So far no one seemed to hate me for my decision, it was unfortunate that I'd lose Kian and Dominic in the process.  They probably would only ever be on JC's side.

With a huff, Jide listened to me for once and went into the bathroom where his freshly washed clothes, that I washed, were sitting in a basket.  Anyone with eyes could see the way he and Gabbie looked at each other.  For the first time after finding out at the wedding I truly believed JJ could get over Analeigh.  I was relieved, for the sake out of my cousin's marriage and my best friends heart but it was unfortunate to see a love be forced apart.  Being in love started to seem pointless.  The way I saw it, something was always trying to tear it apart.  Whether it was lifestyles for JJ and Analeigh.  Misunderstandings, for me and Simon.  Or death for my mum and dad.  Nothing could have kept any of us together.

"You okay?  Looks like you're about to cry, love."  Jide came back in the room wearing his expensive, designer clothing.  When he walked over and placed his hands on my shoulders I couldn't help but admire us in the mirror.  Two kids, coming from nothing with everything going against us, and yet we were still here.  And I didn't even mean the money, or YouTube, I meant we were still just two kids, figuring out life together.  What was wrong and right, how to admit when we did something stupid and apologize.  The best part?  Neither of us had to go through it alone because it was me and Jide, forever.

I leaned into his chest, "do you still think about Analeigh?"

JJ tenses at the very name, already giving me the answer.  "More than I'd like to."