Chapter 20

As planned, Simon picked me up from Freya's house the next morning, needless to say he wasn't expecting to see her get in the backseat.  At least he didn't say anything.  His hand was placed on my thigh while he drove, I wondered where he put it when I wasn't in the car because it was such a thing for us.

    Since it was on the warmer side of fall, the outfit I had on was a pair of leggings, a dark green top that ended above my belly button and a black cardigan.  Often I wore cropped tops for the simple fact that I didn't like the way normal shirts fell on my body.  Mostly I've been wearing Simon's shirts lately so I never really had to work out an outfit. 

    He was vlogging, it was important that he captured every moment of the day because he never left the house.  When he first started shoving the camera in my face, I shied away.  Now I acted as silly as my weird boyfriend.  Singing his rap songs that I've grown to love, along with him. 

    The car ride was long, we stayed on the highway for most of it.  It was fairly early in the morning still so there wasn't many cars around us.  Early morning rush hour had passed so all there was in front and behind us was long, cracked road.  It was almost eerie from the fog that had taken over the world.

    "Are you excited!?"  I turned back to Freya with the biggest smile on my face.

    "Hell yeah, it's been awhile."

    "I've always wanted to go to an amusement park."   My eyes twinkles from the mere thought.

    Simon looked at me, "you've never been here?  Everyone who lives in England had gone at least once."

    "Not me."

    "So what you're telling me is that you've never been on a rollercoaster before?"  He was not going to let this go.

    "Yes Si, that's what I'm telling you.  Your girlfriend is lame and doesn't do cool stuff."

    "Aw man, this is so great.  You have to go on one with me, and it's Fright Night."  It was impossible not to stifle a giggle from how excited he was for me.  The car picked up speed from anticipation, to get there as soon as possible.

    We were still a little ways to go when a rollercoaster came into view.  It peaked up through the trees only to disappear in a steep slope.  That wasn't a ride, it looked like people plummeted to their deaths!  I always thought I would be the kind of person who was some kind of adrenaline junkie from those rides.  Seeing them in person had me second guessing. 

    The small child appeared from within me the closer we got.  Wonder and happiness filled my small body.  When I was younger my dad brought me to a carnival, but I was barely old enough to remember and it wasn't quite like this heaven on earth I was standing in front of.  The gross small of all the fried foods, rigged games with boring prizes, and the rides that never made you sick to your stomach.  It was a dream.

    Everyone else stood near the entrance, waiting for us I assumed.  It was the usual seven plus Cal.  I kept Freya close to me when I saw the look on Josh's face.  It looked like only Vik and JJ knew something was going on from their reactions as well.  Since they all lived together, it only made sense.  I wondered if Josh knew about the boy Freya was talking to and if he even wanted to work things out with her.  That would definitely fuck up my plans. 

    Noticing the tension Simon slapped his hands on my shoulders, walking me to the ticket booth.  "Well we're here an have no time to waste!"  Giving the worker money for two passes.  Already there were people looking at our group, waiting for the perfect moment to strike and ask for pictures.  Sometimes I wished they would come up to us instead of looking like we were untouchable.  In reality, all I did was put makeup on in front of a camera and the boys played lame video games averagely at best.  We got paid for average things because we put a camera in front of us.  How strange.