Chapter 14

Immediately Josh and Freya spotted me and called out to JJ while running over to where I was.

    "Where were you?!"  Freya eyes me suspiciously and looked over my head toward the door I came out of.  I tried my best to block her path in case Simon was peaking out.

    "I needed to get away for a second, all this alcohol and drunk people was getting to me.  Why was I hearing my name called?" 

    "Your cake!"  Josh said excitedly, taking both Freya and I by the hand, pulling us across the room into the kitchen where I was realizing now that everyone was crowding around in.  It was a mess.  I never expected JJ to actually take the time to get me a cake, maybe cake flavored vodka, but never an actual cake.  Everyone pushed and pulled until I was in the front right next to me best friend who had the biggest smile on his face.  He was so proud to have thought of something that I would never expect from him.  It really did make my heart burst.  Tonight had to be one of the best nights in my life.

    In unison everyone started singing, quite off key, happy birthday.  It sounded like a dull roar from the amount of people trying to fit in the room.  All eyes were on me and for once, I was completely and utterly okay with it.  Next to me I had all the people I loved dearly in my life, JJ, Vik, Tobi, Josh, Freya, Ethan, Manny, Harry, even Simon managed to slip in at some point.  Who else in the world got to say they were this lucky?  Across the table where the cake sat was the boy Caspar who was looking at me with a cheeky grin.  It appeared that dancing with him was going to have more consequences than I was planning on. 

    The song was over but my emotions were at an all time high.  Tears pricked my eyes and shoved my face into the people who were closest to me in the moment which were JJ and Ethan, hugging them as tight as I possibly could.  "Come here guys," I sobbed, flailing my hand around to bring my other close friends on.  Everyone laughed but I soon felt bodies closing in around me making me feel loved and making me cry even harder.  To think that a month and a half ago no one wanted to have anything to do with me and now everyone is cheering and taking pictures of me surrounded by the people who love me most in this world.  I didn't think I'd ever be loved by anyone other than my parents, and JJ for that matter. 

    I wiped my face and turned to the large group of people.  "A few months ago, no one cared about me in the slightest," I started trying to keep my sobs to a minimum.  "Thank you so much to everyone who came and showed that I was, at least in the slightest, important.  These people around me right now made all of this happen and I couldn't be happier.  So, with that said, enough of the sentimental stuff.  Lets all get fucked up and party!"  There was a bottle right next to where I was standing.  I picked it up and took a huge gulp of it, it made me gag but luckily everyone was too busy cheering to notice. 

    Now that Simon and I were together I felt no need to be careful with the amount of alcohol I consumed.  God, it felt so great, he was my boyfriend.  After everyone, he chose to be with me, even when he was talking to that girl Trinity.  Speaking of her, I looked around until I spotted the dark haired girl, who was speaking to Simon.  Two more swigs of the bottle later I nearly stumbled over to the two.

    "Are you guys enjoying the party?"  I asked.

    "Oh, fuck off you slag!"  Trinity exclaimed before walking of.  My mouth rounded off into an oh shape as I looked at Simon.

    He gave me an apologetic grin, "I was just telling her that I wasn't interested in her any longer.  Probably not the best time to pretend like you give a shit."

    "Is it bad that I don't?"

    "You're drunk, aren't you?"

    "Yeah but-"