8. Real World.

Gabriella

We were in the real world now, it had been a while since I had seen humans.

It brought a smile to my face when I saw a couple holding hands as they walked through the chilly park. Even though me and Damien weren't seen by anyone, it was still fun.

I didn't know where I was but I didn't even care, all that mattered was that Damien was near me, his large arm wrapped tightly around my waist protectively. I snuggled to the side of his body, the wind blew my dress slightly upwards. ''Mh, what a nice sight.''

I giggled, something that I don't normally do.

Damien lowered his arm so that it was at the top of my bottom, holding my dress down from the wind. ''Nobody can see what's mine.'' Damien growled lowly in my ear.

I rolled my eyes, ''Nobody can see us, you know.'' I repeated for almost the 100th time tonight.

''I know but still.'' Every time I would say nobody can say see us, he would reply with the same thing and then repeat.

I could run round completely naked and not one person would see me, we were invisible to the real world, we could become visible if we wanted, just by thinking about it.

We walked down a dark street, we had no idea where we were going but oh well.

''So where--'' I was cut off by a high pitched scream.

Our heads quickly turned towards where the scream belonged, it was down an even darker street. If that was possible.

Something told me to go and see what happened, and that's exactly what I did. My legs wouldn't stop until I was where the scream was.

''Gabriella!'' Damien called out to me, I didn't answer, I was concentrating on the scene in front of me.

A woman in her late thirties pressed against the wall, with her hands on a little boy in front of her. Who I'm guessing is her son, I could see that tears where leaking from her eyes.

In front of the scared humans was a muscly man dressed in dark clothing, a pistol was pressed against the crying women's forehead.

My eyes widen once I realised we couldn't do anything. ''Damien!'' I turned my head over my head, he was two steps away from me and was eyeing what was happening in front of us. ''Can't we do something?'' I asked Damien, my voice was high pitched and almost cracked from holding in my cries.

He shook his head as he gulped. ''No'' He mumbled underneath his breath.

''Give me your money or i'll shoot.'' The criminal's voice was deep, and icy.

His voice had me shivering.

But the robber had the nerve to have a creepy smile on his face as he enjoyed the fear coming from both humans.

''N-No'' The woman was trying to stay strong.

Then all of a sudden there was a bang.

A loud one.

The colour red was everything.

I blinked, and I looked down.

The woman's body dropped to the ground, almost hitting her son in the process.

Once the son saw that his mother was dead, he screamed. Her dark red blood was all over his his clothes as he hugged his mum tightly. ''Please wake up!'' The boy cried for his mum.

The robber rushed away once he heard voice's from the corner, and soon the man disappeared.

And we couldn't do anything about it.

A young boy just witnessed his mum dying, and I had watched. ''You couldn't do anything. It's not your fault.'' A hand was gently placed on my shoulder, I flinched. I turned around quickly and faced Damien.

I rushed into his arms, crying my heart out.

Damien wrapped his masculine arms around my waist, and pulled me tightly to his chest. He used one of his arms to stroke my hair, once he heard my cries he comforted me.

''We couldn't stop it, please don't cry baby girl.'' If it was possible, Damien crushed me against his body very tightly, even though I could hardly breath I still need to feel his arms wrapped tightly around my waist, his words were calming, and I could start to smell the blood of the body.

The sounds of the boy crying will forever haunt my dreams.

Hours Later.

Damien and I were resting on his bed, silence filled the room, and for once it wasn't uncomfortable.

We were both thinking about what happened today, it was the first time I had ever witnessed someone dying.

Damien took a deep breath, and in the corner of my eye I could see his mouth moving up and down slowly, as if he was trying to say something but didn't know whether he should or not.

''How did you die?'' My eyes widened at his question.

No one has ever asked me that.

''I... Uh. What?'' I cleared my throat uncomfortably.

Damien repeated the question, but much slower, so that I could understand.

''How did I die? I was beaten to death by a drunk person'' I closed my eyes once I remembered everything.

''It was faster than a flash. I was walking normally across the road, until a drunk person came up to me, before I could move or even scream, my body was crashed against the floor, my spine had broken from the beating and I lost too much blood to live.'' I explained.

I took a deep breath, before I continued... ''Once I woke up, I was laying at my dead body as people surrounded me, I could hear the doctors already coming, but the drunk man was gone. The case of my death was dropped since back in those days they didn't have technology..'' I shrugged my shoulders slowly.

Damien looked at me sadly, pity was in his eyes.

''How did you die?'' I asked, and his face dropped, a frown appeared on his beautiful face.

His reply shocked me.

''Suicide.''