Forty-Four

I stare off in my bedroom while I wait for Harry to text me that he's arrived

I'm actually mostly staring at Sam, that same pink teddy bear that had found its new place on my bed. I never put it back on my dresser and I usually hugged it to help me fall asleep at night.

I think I might be going crazy, but all these things that keep pulling me back to him are signs. Signs that I keep trying to ignore.

I don't know anymore. Niall has me feeling some type of way, especially now since I know how he really feels about me. I don't know what to do. My feelings are all over the place. It's so messed up and I don't know how to sort them out. I'm stressed.

From: Harry

Hey, I'm outside. I'm literally standing outside of your front door right now. Come out, surprise me? ;)

I read the text and my lips try to force on a smile as I lock my phone and stick it in my purse. I sigh and sit for a minute. When I think I can, I get up and check myself in the mirror for the last time. I look fine but there's distress on my face and I don't think I can even try to hide it. Oh well. I have to head out now.

Before I open the front door to reveal myself, I prepare my dress. I fix the ruffles and dust off my front and back, and then I change my whole emotion. I fake on a bright smile and open the door.

Of course, Harry is standing right outside.

With his hands in his pockets, he stares off to the side until he slowly turns his head to look at me.

Okay, maybe he didn't turn his head slowly, I think that was just me adding on the whole dramatic effect. His hair had even flipped at a slow pace. Oh my God, I'm such a dork. I've watched too many movies.

A smile grows on his face as he eyes me up and down and I quickly feel my cheeks flush from embarrassment.

Harry is wearing almost the same suit as Niall. He has on a similar black blazer with the white, collared long-sleeved shirt underneath and a black tie on his chest. Harry looks really hot but my brain is thinking: Niall looks even better.

I shake away my thoughts and Harry opens his mouth to gasp.

"Whoa, Kaya, you look really pretty." He says.

"Thank you. You look really good, too."

"I had a cheesy pick up line memorized but now I can't even remember it. Seeing you made me forget it." He laughs a little and I laugh along.

"That could've been a cheesy pick up line." I remark, and Harry bites his bottom lip as he laughs again.

The door opens behind us and it captures both of our attentions. I turn my head to find my mom walking out with her digital camera in her hands. Oh God, I should've known this was going to happen.