Thirteen

After we walk for a few minutes, Niall walks ahead of me and rushes to a booth

After we walk for a few minutes, Niall walks ahead of me and rushes to a booth. I watch him go, ripping two tickets off and handing them to the booth guy. 

When I approach the booth, I figure out what the game is. He's going to shoot darts at balloons.

The booth guy hands Niall a round basket with five darts in it, and I read the sign on the booth:

Hit 4 out of 5 and win a stuffed animal! 2 Tickets required!

And then I look at all the stuffed animals around the booth. They're all hung up on the sides of the square booth, different colored animals of different sizes. I wonder if Niall can win one.

"Alright, princess, let me show you how it's done." He says, showing me his dart that he holds carefully in his hand.

"Whatever, Horan. This game is for babies."

"Just watch." He mutters, his eyes lowering as he looks at his target.

He's got the dart in his hand, holding it while trying to find the perfect point to shoot it. He finally does, and it goes, but doesn't hit the balloon. I mean, it does, but he didn't shoot it powerfully enough so it only bounces off the balloon and onto the ground. I automatically burst out laughing and turn away.

"Fuck!" Niall says, shaking his hand off. "My hand is just being weird, I wasn't prepared."

I'm still laughing when I face him again. "You're so full of yourself." I say. He only rolls his eyes, but I know he's holding back a smile.

He returns to his shooting stance, this time taking more time to focus on a balloon. He takes his arm back a bit further this time, and with more power, he shoots. It actually hits the green balloon in the middle, causing it to pop loudly.

"Ya' see that?!" He turns to face me, his expression proud. "I just needed to get ready is all."

"Right." I say.

He takes another dart and hits another balloon. In result, he faces me and shouts. "Booyah!" He does something weird with his arms, like a little celebration dance, and I look at him weirdly. He's really serious about his balloon shooting. How silly.

He goes back to getting another dart, and I turn around to watch people walking past. I'm getting bored standing here doing nothing. But I should've known I would just be keeping Niall company, since he did say he just needed someone to go with him. So he wouldn't look like a loner.

Behind me, I hear another pop and Niall shouts in victory again.

I ignore him, and instead I see a lady across the walkway who's handing out free samples of chocolate fudge.

Since Niall is still busy shooting, I quickly walk over and the lady gives me a bite-sized piece. I put it in my mouth and wow it's tasty!