Forty-Five

After all the contemplating about Harry, Niall rushes into my mind

For a second, I don't even know why. But the thought of him doesn't bother me. I probably thought of him because... Well, he's the opposite of Harry. Niall has different intentions with me.

He actually knows me—the real me, and he loves me for all that I am. He wants nothing but to be with only me.

I think I'm losing my mind when I hear Niall's voice in my head. At first I had only imagined his face with that bright and bubbly smile of his, but now, it changes. I remember the pain and misery from his confession.

He showed it with the way he frowned and I read it through his hardened blue eyes. And then, I remember his words. His confession rings in my head all over again. I can almost remember every word of it. However, the most important ones stick in the back of my head perfectly—exactly as he had said them.

"Harry doesn't know how to love you properly."

Niall's wrong. Harry doesn't even love me at all. How can Harry love me in the right way when he doesn't even feel anything in the first place?

"He doesn't deserve you."

They all repeat again.

"And I don't either, to be honest."

I can see his face in my mind as he expressed the pain he was trying to hide but resulted unsuccessful. His walls had broken down right then and I was surprised. Actually, I still am. He never let his walls break down for anyone. Except me.

"I'm in love with you, Kaya Owen. I have been for a really long time." I hear those exact words again and I have to inhale and exhale to get myself together.

Those words repeat in my head once more, and another, and another. It's like a broken record that's stuck in my brain and I can't find the stop button.

After I can't take it anymore—when I think I'm going to scream—I shoot up from my chair. I jump up so fast that the chair falls over behind me. I gasp and look around. No one's nearby so nobody notices.

But fuck.

It came to me. I felt like someone had finally punched it into me. Punched it so hard that this time, I wouldn't be able to ignore it. This time, it remains. Permanent and ineradicable.

I leave the chair upside down, because fuck that chair! That cheap piece of crap is the least of my worries right now and I need to move. I need to go. And fast.

I collect myself, planning to find Harry so I can apologize. I need to tell him that I'm leaving and that what we have is over. I'm 100% positive of my feelings now, unlike before. I know who I want and Harry isn't him.

My heart races as I look around the gym for his mop of curls, and a certain thought floods my mind as I search: Harry didn't come with the wrong girl.