Twenty-Seven

Cady's kind of hesitant, I notice, when I tell her I'm going to ride with Niall instead

However, she starts teasing me again about how I'm having feelings for Niall now, and again, I keep telling her no, that's not what's happening.

It really is the smart thing to do—to ride back with him—since he literally lives right next door.

Liam's car is already full and they'd have to go all about town to drop me off. Zayn and Harry already live on the opposite sides of town as it is. Without me, there won't be as much hassle. So there's that—me explaining all this to Cady, and she finally puts it through her head and I'm satisfied.

The only downer about not riding with them is that I won't get to see Harry, but for some reason I'm alright with that. I'll see him tomorrow at school anyway. 

I can't wait though, now that we're friends and we can actually have normal conversations. You know, without me choking up from being nervous. Hopefully I can keep that up.

I get my bag and head out the door after I tell Cady bye, and as I walk out I call Niall to make sure he's ready. I walk on the sand and towards the direction of the parking lot up the hill. Surely, he parked up there. There's nowhere else to park anyway.

Niall answers his phone after five to six rings. "Hello?" He says, his voice confused as if he doesn't know who's on the other line. He obviously does, he has my number in his phone.

"Where are you?" I immediately respond, stopping halfway to the parking lot with my bag hoisted over my shoulder.

"I'm about to leave my cabin. My car is up the hill. Meet you there?" He says, and I agree and we hang up. He seems kind of busy, like he's still packing. Or at least he sounds like he's in a rush.

I walk up to the parking lot, and right away I find Niall's white Escalade. It isn't that hard to miss, since it's so shiny and new and big. It stands out from all the other old and not so expensive cars that sit beside it.

I approach the car and decide I'll just stand there until Niall comes. He shouldn't be long, I don't think.

Niall does show up after a few more minutes of waiting, but that's fine since I was on my phone checking Twitter.

I notice that he hasn't changed clothes, with his snapback still on his head and the same outfit from earlier this morning. He has a black Nike bag that he carries on his back. When he sees me, he instantly waves and grows a smile. 

For some reason—because of last night—I thought that this was going to be weird. But with the way we're smiling at each other right now, I know that I can relax and not even worry about anything.

"Hey," He says when he gets close enough. "Did you wait long?" He presses a button on his remote and the car honks. He opens the door to the back passenger seat and throws his bag in.