Fifteen

Niall drives me home

Niall drives me home. Well, he drives home, since we live right next to each other. He tells me goodbye, and I jump out of his car after telling him thanks again.

Thanks, for giving me a day of enjoyment even if it was with him. I never thought I'd have fun, being with him like that as if we were close friends. I guess we are close, but I never saw us as 'friends' who hung out. He was actually tolerable tonight.

Which is different.

"G'night princess." Niall says, waving and walking away at the same time.

"Night." I mutter, unsure if he heard me. Probably not, he was too far away when I said it.

I walk towards my house too, disappearing behind my door.

When I walk in, I hear the faint sound of a guy talking on the television. I head to the living room, knowing my mom is in there, probably watching TV. But rather, she's fast asleep with a book open on her lap, her chin resting on her fisted hand.

She looks worn out, probably from overworking at her office again.

I take the book from her lap and set it aside on the wooden coffee table. I also turn off the TV, and because I don't want to wake her up—instead of telling her to go to bed—I gently lay her out on the couch. It's only 8, but that's even better. She can actually get some sleep for once.

I find myself in my bedroom and flop on my bed, face down into the comfort of the sheets. I lie there for a minute and almost fall asleep, but then I remember that I have homework, that I need to take a shower, and that I need to call Cady to update her on what happened with Harry.

Cady will be proud of me, because finally, I confessed. But not so much happy for me, just proud.

Knowing this, I set out, while groaning and quickly jumping into a steaming relaxing shower. I feel a lot better.

When I get out, I wrap a towel around my body and hair, walking out into my bedroom. The first thing I notice is my phone that's lying on my bed, now lit up. I probably missed a call. So I check it, and I read a text from Niall:

From: Cheesehead

go outside.

Confused, I re-read the text. Not really much to it, since there are only two words. But they confuse me. Why is Niall telling me to go outside right now? Maybe he needs to talk to me. I'm not sure what it'd be about though. There's only one way to find out.

Of course, I pull on a T-shirt and a pair of black leggings before walking out. My hair is still in a towel bundle, but it's okay.

I try being as quiet as I can, not wanting to wake up my mom. I peek at her laying on the couch, still dozing off, before gently opening the front door.

Right away the cold wind chills my fresh skin, but that's completely forgotten when I see what's sitting on the steps, on that same spot where I would usually be sitting.