Thank you Luke Ferguson

He looked at me in a way that said all I needed before he hd even spoken. He shook his head,

"I don't know exactly the science of the matter but no, it's not possible. I'm so sorry." I didn't know what to say, I was shocked but releived in some ways- I wasn't sure I would have been ready to have a child if our actions had actually led to such.

But on the other hand- being a parent was part of the general nature of all females. We, each and every one of us knew that one day we would go with a man and then we would, in due course, have a baby. It was strange knowing that something so strongly rooted into my brain had been taken from me- it was so obvious it was almost instinctual.

I found that I felt a little lost, what was there for us if we would never become parents. It came to me that being a vampire we were the highest predator's in the food chain, it would never be right for us to reproduce because if we did the entire planet would be over-run and every living thing would die-out rapidly.

Still I missed my chance, to hold a baby in my arms, to feel it wrigging on the inside too. I'd never have something to nurture. 

 That, I believe is when I began to loose my mother's instincts, because- I learned later I had grown into a young adult in a hospital, knowing not a soul would wish for me as a wife, knowing that meant no children- and then to be told every bit of me that still needed to care for something wasn't needed. Then something happened almost a year later that totally destroyed that instinct.

We left Peter and Charlotte almost a year after we first met them, with promisess to meet with each other once again. It was fantastic having the company they provided but living on two different diets was not going to be easy, especially as Jasper still wavered often. I, however, generally managed to stay on track. It had been over two years since I last drew blood from a human, which I was rather proud of.

We were traveling west again, heading towards New York which was where my instincts were taking us. I had lost the trail of the Cullens, it seemed the future had other plans for us first, since leaving the blonde's behind we had been shown a new path, heading along the coast towards the south- something Jasper was severly displeased with.

He wanted to keep me as far away from the south and his history as he could, he was only scared for my safety, I knew that but he had to confront his demons someday. The south would be dangerous, I would never doubt that, so far I couldn't even tell if we would end up anywhere near there- my mind was trying to take me somewhere, where I didn't quite know.

We stumbled across a road late at night- I saw what we were heading for before the smoke even came into view. I saw a car on its side engulfed in flames, fiery tongues devouring the metal. The other can lay in a crushed heap in a very similar state. There were heaps lying around- the heaps had to be the bodys. The vision zoomed in till the orange flames were so close everything was covered in a glow. I saw something move near a clump of trees. The thing was not much more than three metres long. It was making a high-pitched wailing noise and only when it turned over did I see what the noise was.

coming back to reality I grabbed Jasper's hand and began running instantly, he was startled but easily matched pace with me,

"Where are we going?"  He asked as we ran, watching the trees fly behind us before they'd even met us. I shook my head, saying you'll see and continuing to run. We had to get there- maybe, just maybe I could do something and do some good in the world for all the bad I had previously commited.

Reaching the scene of the accident I froze- the shock of the smell of blood hit into me like a brick wall that I'd just ran into. All liquid drained from my body- I was desperate for some form of fluid. But of course it wasn't some type of fluid I wanted. It was blood. And the smell in this area was so good, too good. The temptation was too much, I wanted it so bad. I needed to drink.