Emotional turmoil

He finished. I didn’t know what to do. My eyes were burning with tears that couldn’t fall. I could not believe the words he had just spoken. My poor, poor boy. How could anyone do that to him. He was innocent! He  had never done anything to hurt anybody. He was a good person. 

And THAT woman, there were no words to describe what she had done.

Anger boiled inside me like a volcano close to eruption. I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to scream or cry. I wanted to do something, anything to make a difference.

The things some could put others through were often terrible, unforgivable and insane but what that, that- witch had done would never be forgiven. I wanted so badly to do something to hurt her, anything. She deserved to die, to suffer the same things she had done to Jasper.

So many things made sense now, and our journey was going to be harder than I had first anticipated. The ribbon of our journey didn’t run smooth, there were many tight knots to be undone within its course.

So much would have to change. Judging by his words Maria’s manipulations ran deep, deeper than he knew. This explained his misinterpretation of love, he believed what Maria had shown him, in the way a child believes what it’s parents teach.

Eventually I felt myself give in to the ache that was becoming strong behind my eyes and in my throat. It had dried out, in a different way to that of a thirst. I could feel a lump forming there, I couldn’t breathe past the lump.

I heard the sobs before I understood. I was crying, without tears.

“Oh, I am so sorry Jasper. I am so, so sorry,” I wept, my throat releasing its lump of sobs. I couldn’t help myself and began my hysterical lament.

I was surprised to feel his hand on my shoulder, his hands were at least twice the size of mine and surprisingly comforting. I couldn’t help but be lightened by his touch. That was until I realized what he was doing. He was making me this way.

For some strange reason I didn’t care and, as a general rule, I hate people doing things to me against my will. I felt myself burry into him, subconscious that I was probably making him uncomfortable. My head fell onto his shoulder, snuggling close into his neck, my cheek hitting against his collar.

I couldn’t help it; I was so lost in this horrendous horror story that I was forgetting myself. I shouldn’t have been the one comforting him. It was Jasper who had been through this, this hell. I should have been letting him cry. Actually if I was any normal person I should have been running for my life but I knew I would never run from Jasper.

I desperately tried to get control of myself but I was suddenly filled with emotions I had never thought I would have. Revenge was flooding through me like a hurricane rips through a wooden hut. I wanted so much to stick my teeth into that girl.

I had never in my life before that point wanted to kill somebody but now. I wanted her dead so much I would have went straight after her, not caring if I lost my own life to do it.

With that I was suddenly aware of where I was and pulled back right away. I wanted more than anything to stay where I was but I couldn’t. He couldn’t know how I really felt. Not yet, it wasn’t the right time for that, at least I hoped I would get a hint regarding when the right time would be. I had no choice. I felt the back of my head being caught as I pushed myself away.

“It’s ok,” said the trembling voice, although his voice was weak Jasper’s hand remained strong and he, lightly but firmly pressed my head back into his chest. I wondered where this had come from, he was enjoying my company more than I had realized.