Mistake

The further south we traveled the easier it became for us to walk. Neither of us knew where we were going or where we had came from all that mattered to me was that we travelled together, and that eventually we found somewhere to gain new clothes. over the past weeks Jasper had became used to my way of hunting but animals put up more fight than people did.

People didn't have the instinct to fight that animals did, especially carnivores, they were used to fighting for food. Obviously I had more experience at killing them than some but even I managed o get some tears in my clothes.

The journey south of the snow took longer than I thought it would to dispense and by the time it had christmas would have passed by. My new dress was but a pile of rags when we found a town after what would have been at least two weeks but when you never sleep you lose track of time.

It was a smal quaint vilage, maybe only inhabited by three hundred at most but it had what we needed, I decided it was best to leave Jasper outside he village- his tendancies to kill hd not yet calmed enough for him or me to trust him amongst people. We didn't know how easily he would refert to real blood again.

I found the smell of humans hard enough to deal with and I had been away from it for a long time, yet still fire raged in my throat tempting me to drink it, making me go against what  I knew was right.

The village had what I needed, I bought myself a new dress I found in the window of a little taylor's store, it was a little too big but I new a pair of scissors and a little thread was all I would need. I hoped that was all I would need.

I searched for anything that would help me collect the things I needed with no money. I didn't like the idea of just straight-out stealing, I prefered to borrow and repay later if I had a chance to do so.

I found the perfect opertunity to take from the taylor in a way he could be paid back. A rich man had recently recalled his daughter from her boarding school in Europe. He would tell his daughter she could have anything she wanted and he would repay it later.

Those living in the village already knew of the daughter's return but none to date had met the girl. I would be able to pass myself of as her and by the time the real daughter arrived I would be long gone.

The store was poor on the inside. The whole room was built from wood, the walls draped in different fabrics used to create some fine looking clothes. There was an old wooden desk posing as a counter at the far end holding only a metal box and a heavy brass lamp.

At the desk was a wooden chair which held no person. There was no body else in the store, but I was sure I could smell them, the smell of human was everywhere and it wasn't just in the cloth.

Thats when it moved under the table. A slate gray cat shot out from under a display table and scarpered across the floorboards. I heard the giggle of a boy who crawled from under the table after the cat. He froze when he saw me, getting to his feet and wiping his bare, scratched knees which showed under the short trousers that matched the cat. His short brown hair was a tangled mess atop his small head.

"Oh, uh sorry Ma'am. Papa!" he spoke polietly before yelling towards the back of the shop.

An older version of the boy walked out from the back of the shop. He looked surprised to see me and quickly straightened his jacket before walking forward.

"I'm Grace Robinson, my Father sent me here to collect his new shirt, and to pick out a new set of clothes for myself?" I tried to sound innocent and confused but it was a hard act to keep with the smell of human so thick in the air it was like a poisonous gass.

The two boys bowed their heads in almost identical time. The Robinson family were clearly well respected, or well feared, in the community. I would have to put on a manor of different things to make this reliable. I could tell the family wouldn't worry much about my actions but they needed the money that Mr Robinson could pay them.

"Oh of course Ma'am, I will have Tommy go get your Fathers and let me know if I can help you with anything."

Soon I left the shop with everything I now owned and headed back out the forest to meet Jasper on the other side of the village where I'd promised to meet Jasper. He was out of harms way beyond the temptation of human blood.

As I neared the edge of the village I began to search for anything that could tell me where to find Jasper. That was when I realised that I had been very wrong. I saw something I hoped never to see another image of this but it was possitive.

In the vision I met him in the forest after a long search. His eyes were bright scarlet.