Showing All

And that was the way things continued- each time he slipped he struggled more- memories came flooding back into his mind of the cruelty of his old life. He often forgot that I would never alow that witch to hurt him again. He was as much me as I was myself.

Time passed and the warmer months came to pass, still he was shy and needed a little encouragment with many things but I could see the change beginning to come over him- he was beginning to flourish like a daisy in the sunshine, from the warmth that love gave to him.

He ws no longer ahamed of loving me, he was happy to show his affection, though more comonly he did not. That was how we learned not to need the affection most humans consider real. We learned to express the mental side- something few humans can do as their brains are to primal. We could express through glances and soft touches something that a person would never even notice.

Eyes are amazing things- many could tell you that but most don't know they can comunicate just as good as they can see.

Time went gently by and we soon found ourselves having to hide through out the day. We had travelled down the west coast for a while but, with the daylight setting in the decision was made to travel back up before hitting California and a mass of people.

Even without the good weather California was not the best state to go into, the huge poplation of some cities were far too tempting- the equivelant to taking a five-year-old to a city made entierly of chocolate.

The journey back north had started of familiarly till a sudden decision to change direction direction led us to the meetings of two people from the past.

We had taken a different path going east across the border with Canada and planned to go down the east coast instead. We had just changed course when I saw what this direction would bring.

The vision showed Jasper's friends, I had seen them before but this vision was different because we were wih them. I saw myself beside the blond female, known as Charlotte, she was not much taller than me, a flurry of recognision passed through my mind. It was gone as soon as I saw her expression.

Charlotte had a distaste for me by the looks of things where as Peter looked delighted to see Jasper, they had never met me before, I had a habbit of forgetting I appeared strange to most because I knew more than any others could really understand.

Jasper was waiting patiently for me to come round, as always, when I opened my eyes and explained what I'd seen. He looked surprised but in a good way as I described what I'd seen.

"So do we find them?" he asked his eyes focused solely on mine, unlike many people I found it relaxing not unerving.

" I'm not entierly sure, it looks like a half-way thing to me. We seemed to meet in the middle. I don't know if the vision was set on the day of our meeting or afterwards. Charlotte doen't appear to think much of me," I added as an afterthought.

Jasper looked down at me with a smile that reminded me of the way a parent looks at a toddler,

"She will like you, just give her time. She'll like you, Alice. I promise."

Things were not as such when Jasper caught the scent he recognised as his brother's.

"That;s Peter," he grinned, " I know that scent anywhere," he smiled. I was happy that he was happy, if not a bit aprehensive about meeting his family. The cliched dread of every new couple. I had a feeling he was going to be more worried about meeting my family, the family I didn't even know.

The scent lasted miles, Jasper was an excellent tracker considering he didn't have the advantages I had, but still we wavered backwards and forwards,crossing our own scents more than once. It was hopelessly hard.

The rain came on after a while and we gave up on our search for a while. I have no idea what it was about that day but something influenced us then and there in the rainy, cold forest. In moments the rain had frozen in the air to become snow, icey snow that hit against me

I saw where Jasper's kiss would lead when he did it, my stomach flipped from the unexpected, I wasn't sure I was ready for this yet, now that the eventuallity had arrisen. I hadn't expected this from Jasper, at least not yet but then again, I didn't make any move to stop him.

                                                                 *************

My chest rose quicker than usual even ten minutes later. A ten minutes spent basking in the silence surrounding the most magical experience of my very existence. A feeling I undoubtedly knew I could only have felt as a vampire and with Jasper.

The most amazing glow of love those actions had led to. I felt like I was wrapped in bubble of warmth and love, a beautiful combination. I had never felt anything this brilliant before and believed it was unlikely that that physical harmony could be reached again.

We lay side by side in the light fallen snow,wearing all we did on the day of our births.The soft chill of the crisp snow and damp leaves, looking up at a canopy of knarled tree limbs. My skin tingled with the bitterness of the snow although I wasn't. I thought of the light hands that had so gently touched my skin less than a half-hour ago.

There was also the slight burning pain that had died to warm embers beneath my skin. The pain was the bottom of my thoughts, it was nothing compared to the joy I felt. I turned my head to the beautiful person at my side, he was smiling softly. He carefully put his arm around me and pulled me to him. I happily curled up in his arms but he was tense, something was bothering him. He averted his eyes before continuing,

"That, that was your first, wasn't it?" I nodded simply, unaware of what he was getting at.

"You shouldn't have let me. I feel you pain. I hurt you."

He sounded offended by himself, he was disgusted, acting the way nature intends . I wasn't going to lie to him, lying broke every piece of trust between us, "Yes, you did but I expected that," he looked puzzled, "it's a female thing," I assured, "and I'd never have done it with anyone but you. I may look like a child but I don't have to be one."

He looked down as if I'd been lecturing him rather than explaining. I placed my hand on his cheek making his eyes turn to mine. He looked deep into me, I could tell he was percieving through my eyes what I really thought.

"Jasper; I love you. I love you more than I can explain and I know you feel it too, we are made for each other entierly and I hope I just showed you how much you mean to me. Listen when I say there's nothing I want more than this."