Shine On

A week passed quietly without a single slip up for either of us. I thought those results were rather promising. I had also noted that Jaspers mood had changes along with the diet. He seemed happier and more willing to talk, even if only about the weather. It was defiantly a change although he hadn't yet brought up his confession from earlier. I wasnt sure why, maybe he was embarrassed. My minor visions showed nothing either way and I didn't want to risk what we had gained over these few days by bringing it up again.

One day it would be reannounced, as would others, including images that made me glad I couldn't blush although Jasper often gave me strange looks when I had THOSE visions. One day he would declare ownership of me in every way.

Till then I needed to be clever, I had to carefully work him closer to me- be subtle as I did so, he couldn't know what I was trying to do.

A week after we had moved to the little barn we decided to move on before something did happen. We had to stay away from the village anyway after my rescue mision. We both knew that but neither spoke of it, it was a sore subject. Jasper looked on it as the worst thing he had ever chosen to do, I had seen that in a vision, he would speak openly about it when we knew each other much better, just like everything else.

We left the barn before sunrise, to avoid being caught. And it was an amazing sight, the sky was a beautiful colour, it was indescribable. Jasper caught me watching it as we walked along, he was on my left so I had to look past him to see the endless purple sky.

"I bet you have never seen a green sky before," Jasper commented glancing back at the sky before tilting his neck down and meeting my eyes.

I was surprised by what he'd stated, there was no such thing as a green sky. All the skys I had ever known were blue or grey and occasionally red or purple during twilight and Dawn hours.

"There's no such thing," I contradicted, shaking my head to emphasise my point. Jasper chuckled deeply,

"I thought you'd say that. There is or my Uncles a born kier and so, I might add, were his amazing art skills."

"Explain," I demanded. He nodded before slowing his pace a little and looking around,

"What's over there?"

"trees,"

He laughed inwardly again and shook his head,

"No, not litteraly I meant what's out there?"

" The wilderness," I paused for a moment or two, deciding to cheat, what would be the point of my psychic abilities if I didn't use them?

"The North," I said matter of factly. He gave me his beautiful, typical cowboys' smile.

"You cheated," he smiled, even his lifeless eyes gained a little spark. A sprinkle of pixie dust and ge was smiling.

" You never said I couldnt," I argued. He continued to smile before, almost dragging his eyes back to the dry dirt track we were walling along. We had walked a good to or three miles from the barn now and the road was lined with trees, miles from anywhere. The sun was shining through the gaps in the trees like dew on a cobweb. It caught our skin in a few places, my arms were bare and the sun tore over them and ignited the suns kindling. It was an every day sight for me but it left Jasper stunned. Ge was watching me dreamily as though it was more than my glowing skin he was looking at.

"The story," I hinted, feeling a tad self coincious. Jasper looked back at his leather boots, embarrassed again.

He cleared his throat out of habit and began to talk looking between my eyes and his feet although as he went on he looked more into my eyes than he ever had before. He was beginning to like me even if he didn't really know it.

He explained that his Uncle Phillip had always been a keen explorer as a child and his dream had always been to visit the real north. The wilderness of Alaska. He was also an enthusiastic artist. He wanted to paint the so-called city in the sky. The Northern lights. He had eventually got the money and had married with two children, and another expected, plus a share of the Whitlock family farm. He left them all for the north.

"And sure enough when I was seven years old we received the painting entitled with it's latin name, Aurora Borealis. Months past and my Aunt Lynne gave birth to Hannah with my mothers help. Hannah, an invalids, first birthday came and went and her second, by which point it was clear. My Uncle died in Alaska, alone in the wilderness."

He finnished, with little emotion in his voice. I imediatly set about cheering him up, he deserved to smile little more.

"Aurora Borealis, that's me," I commented. He looked back from his interesting boots with a ruthless smile drawn through his skin,

"Well you certainly have a light of your own." His hand brushed over my arm carefully, like I was century old bone china. My skin tingled with pleasure, I saw him take a mental memo of that.

"And so do you, we both sparkle. And we're lucky we do, humans don't get this pleasure," I giggled, dancing lithfully further into the sun where a few trees were missing. The fiery sun raged over my entire body leaving only my eyes and skin protected under my clothing protected from the sun.

"Join me,"

I called turning to face him as I moved, still skipping backwards.

He cautiosly stepped into the sun, like he thought it really would burn his skin.

"I'm not used to sunlight," he warned "We were never allowed into the sun before." He stopped and watched me for a moment and then spoke again as I got closer to him again.

"You really like it, dont you. You enjoy seeing your skin this way," it was my turn to laugh like I was a child again.

"It's every little girls dream to sparkle, we're just the lucky ones who do it naturally. You should make the best of life's differences, that's why we're all here,"

He lost the smile for a minute walking into the sun. His cheek ignited straight away and he blinked, glaring at the golden ball, which was our light source. He slowly rolled up both sleeves till

They stuck half way up his tricep muscles.

I wanted to let my hands run over the smooth muscles but knew I was already taking today further Thani should. He his his arms behind his back.

"Oh Jasper, why don't you see. It doesn't matter to me. You put up with this," I flicked my ridiculously short hair," a few eternal scratches will never bother me. Besides I've seen worse parts of you," I laughed as I spoke the last words where as Jasper looked slightly nervous.

I took hold of his forearms, my hands almost got round his wrists.

"Let yourself shine."