Finalised

"I love you," I said speaking up to him, despite the rather large difference in height the distance disapeared when I saw his eyes, they were magical eyes.

Jasper's eyes could tell me anything and everything that mattered in the world. They were honest, his eyes would never be capable of lying to me, even when they needed to. They made everything he said clear, they expressed his every emotion but there was more to them. Jasper's eyes right now told me something else. They told me that he felt the same.

Jasper knew it then, something inside him clicked and he knew. He knew that he felt the same, after all this time. So long he had felt my emotions and for so long he had pondered over the meaning of the one he did not know, the one that he began to feel, like a bulb placed under the soil it grew and grew till it became something beautiful and enchanting.

He looked at me with those eyes and spoke, spoke something I hadn't foreseen, yet his eyes never left mine.

"I love you too, I know it know," Then without moving his eyes he knelt on his knees so he was lower than me, he was trying to make more of an equal aura between us.

"I have felt this way for a long time now and never understood what I felt but now I can be certain. We were brought together for a reason weren't we. The reason we have to go together to find this family you have seen was to do this,"

I nodded, placing my hands up on his shoulders.

"I've known for a long time," I admitted, Jasper placed his hand gently on my waist, urging me to sit with him. I did as he wanted, flopping back onto the bright snow, the only thing other than the stars to light up the dark arctic winter night.

"pray tell," he asked, the words sounded strange on his tongue. It was easy to tell he was brought up as a gentleman of different sorts. He was never made for fine heirs and graces, he was made to live a happy, simple life in the southern sunshine.

"Don't use words that don't suit you," I scolded him, he snorted  then fell quiet. I guessed it was my turn to tell a story.

"I knew before we met that we would find each other and, be more than friends.

" I saw you in my first vision after I woke up, you were something special to me even then, I had a feeling I have never had before. It was strange, but somehow even though I don't know where I came from I knew I had never felt it before.

"I saw you and I knew something would bring us together but that you weren't ready for me yet, you had to live this stage of your life before we found each other. So I waited I got on with what I could without you. Then we met, after so long we met. And I felt like I'd died again.

" The moment I saw you I just knew. There was something about you that just changed everything. I didn't matter any more, number one was no longer me, you became my priority. You were all I wanted in my mind, all I could think about and it was clear before even an hour had passed that I was in love."

Jasper looked at me when I said those words, something in his eyes tensed with the mention of love. It only took moments and I knew, the witch kept worming her way in, he felt bad.

"Jasper, that's all in the past know and, I for one, do not care about what happened in ancient history OK? Life is a daily thing, taking each second as it passes is one of the best things there is in life. You never know when the chance to do something will pass and you'll miss it if you don't take it right there and then. That's the reason that we normally only get one chance."

He looked away from me when I tried to look at him.

" You deserve better than me Alice, I'm sorry I shouldn't have encouraged you. I'm not the type of person for someone as beautiful and loving and good as you are,"

I laughed to spite myself,

"Well thank you for the compliments but I'm sorry they rest isn't going to budge me an inch. You are the one for me and I am for you, that is how the world works from now Jazz. We will always be with each other," I said confidently, pulling his big hand from under him and making it cover mine like an eagle's tallons over a mouse.

He softly stroked my little hand, suddenly absorbed in it, he had a different look in his eye now. His touch was so loving it brought back images of later, his soft touch. It made me shudder in pleassure at the thought. Of coarse just as Jasper could keep no secrets from me I could keep none from him. He was also too clever.

"What was that you saw, I felt the spike there, of enjoyment- in a different sense, what was it ? And what did you call me a second ago, I heard it," He said before my eyes could doubt him.

I had only ever used that little nickname in my head before. I had seen it in the more distant future. he suited it, like the music he was calming and sophisticated yet could be complex or surprising. I had a distant feel for Jazz music even though I knew I had never consciously listened to it in this life.

Well the cat was out the bag now,

"I saw it, I will call you Jazz in the future- it suits you, don't you think. I think about the music, you know it has so many different feels to it. It can be gentle and kind or cruel and vicious in the change of a bar."

Jasper laughed then, still rubbing my hand softly, his thumb creating a slight warmth on my icey skin.

"I've never heard of music feeling,"

"you know, " I said jumping to my fight, my hand leaving his as I stood in front of him,

"If it has a fast tempo like this," I said as a sang a few la's in said way, "It makes you feel happy, where as one like this," again I sang but this time slow, long notes, " make's you feel sad and haunted," I explained. Jasper smiled, with one side of his mouth tilted upwards. Typical southerner.

"Well what do you preffer?" he asked slowly.

"Happy of coarse, like I want you to be happy,"

"I can't let go of everything," he replied shaking his head in shallow movements, " I have done some things with other women that I should never have done, you are so young. You have a chance to make your life a different way. I will always be stuck with what I have done, possibly before you were even born."

I knelt in front of him in the snow, which had been trampled flat by our feet. I laid my hands on his shoulders. I could feel how tense he was.

"You're doing it again, stop going back there. You're right in some of what you say but have you never heard the stories.

"There is a story I somehow remember but can't place it's name about a young girl who came to live with her grandfather and he was a stern grumpy old man who listened and cared for no one. Then she, a sweet little girl, changed him forever he learned to see the world the way she saw it and it made him feel better.

" Jasper, I know I can change things for you, not change who you are just open the secret treasure trove in here," I laid my left hand against his chest covering his heart, " I want to make the real you come out of there and live again. That is the reason you love me, and you know you love me because you've felt it for so long.

" I will always love you back I don't care for the events of the past, and I will be here forever. I promise, in fact I swear I will always love you. Events will challenge us but we can stick together like the to sides of the earth and I will never look at you badly; my Jazz."

Then he lifted his right hand, sliding it up my cheek, he rested it there for a second or two just looking at my eyes, making the decision I knew he had already made. H leaned forwards till the left of my nose brushed the right of his. With a final movement he nudged forwards and his lips encased mine, sucking on them gently. I knew the understanding was declared.