Chapter: 16- Christmas Eve (Part One)

PART ONE

-

-

-

Asa’s amazingly sexy POV

-

-

-

I licked my modern glass plate that still had some leftover syrup on it and I closed my eyes in enjoyment. I really liked eating, but I rarely ever did eat. I love food in general, but I hate what all the things that taste great do to my body like Ding Dongs and all the other Hostess junk food they make. I heart a stifled snicker come from the room and I shot my eyes open and looked at my brother, glaring at him as he turned red from suppressing the laugh. I continued to glare at him –which was very hard, considering I haven’t seen him in almost half a year- until he looked my way and when our eyes met the color vanished quickly from his body. He now looked paler than me, and I honestly thought that wasn’t really possible.

          “Sorry,” Daniel mutters and I scoff back at him. Ah, the good old days. This is how we always acted and not until now did I realize just how much I missed him! I missed my mother too of course, but she is also the one that agreed on sending me out on my own, in the ghetto! D:

          “It’s okay, buddy. I just missed you all so gosh dang much!” I hollered before quickly getting up and rounding the beautiful dark wood table to engulf my mom and my brother in a group hug. I sighed a content sigh after a few minutes of just crouching between the two, and I finally unwrapped myself from them and took all of their dirty plates and walked into the kitchen to clean them.

          “I really do enjoy your visit son, but what’re you doing here?” my mother asked and I all too well knew that she was implying ‘son I mean this as politely as possible; but what the fudge monkeys are you doing here?!’ so I just rolled my eyes and rounded the island before standing in front of her and cupping her face in my hand.

          “Oh, sorry mom you guys changed your home and cell phone numbers –besides Daniel- so I just thought I’d drop by since it’s the holidays and your husband is in prison. Should I go? I mean I just dropped by to say hello and because I kind of sort of got forgotten at my … err…. friends’ house.” I said, before I let go of her cheek and went in the living room and plopped down on the gray leather sofa. Look’s like they’ve gone modern!

          “The whole cell phone thing was your fathers’ idea,” she explained before walking into the living room and sitting on the sofa diagonal from me. “And you made friends? That’s splendid! What’s his name? I want to meet him!” My mother cheerfully said, looking like she was actually into the topic now. Odd how she doesn’t want to talk about me, but she rather talk about my ‘friend’. And not that type of friend you little creepers!

          “H-how’d you know my friend was male?” I stutter, shocked to the bone. My mother never was a good guesser on the spot, so for her to get it right on her first try, with my not hinting anything, that’s a total shock. My mom is becoming smart!

          “Really Asa, how did I know? I’m your mother, not your fuck body. I know how to read you, and quite frankly, it’s not hard. I know your gay and you totally had a blush on your face when you said ‘friend’.” She said, a silly grin dancing across her lips.

          “She’s right, you know?” Daniel says and I look at him, completely star struck. When the hell did he get here?!

          “Um... okay? Yeah well he is my friend I think…James” I whisper, and I hear Daniel squeal and I gave him a flat look. He knew all about James so for him to be acting all surprised or whatever emotion he is trying to portray it’s not really working for me.

          My mother nodded at me before grabbing the remote off the small petite coffee table and turned on the TV. Once the retarded TV loaded up with the Cable Box a new episode of Pretty Little Liars just started. Well it wasn’t really new but I’m like a week behind so I’m finally getting to watch it. I pull my legs to my chest and I lay my chin in the middle of my knees and just watch with glee as the episode plays out.