Chapter 13- He what?!

I sat there in his hospital room, just watching him stiffly lay there on the bed. I was the reason he was here, and honestly, I couldn’t take it. I love Asa so God damn much, but it seems like all I do is hurt him. Not only do I hurt him, but I hurt myself.

          Ever since he left, I went in a depression mode. I wouldn’t come out of my room, I started smoking, and I even started cutting myself. Asa was everything to me, and I blew it, every time. I remember waking up every day to find him in my arms, and his beautiful face sleeping on my numb arm. I remember feeling his soft lush lips every time they connected to mine, and I missed that. I missed him, and I missed everything he did. He was my baby boy, but I guess that’s over and done with – all because of me.

          I never cheated on him; in fact I never planned on it. I knew not telling him about the Winter Ball would upset him a whole bunch, but if I told him I was going, and I had a date, I knew he wouldn’t understand. I bet you guys don’t either. The truth is: The only reason why I went to the dance with another guy was because I saw this guy get his heart broken right in front of me.

                    ~~~*Flashback*~~~

          “Look,” I overheard someone whisper. I couldn’t tell what was going on, and I hated listening to other people’s conversations, but I couldn’t stop listening to this one. It sounded to… too familiar.

          “Babe, I know we’ve been going out for three years, and I know this is sudden, but I think we need to break.” Yup, it’s exactly what I thought.

          I finished putting my things away in my locker, and I heard a low whimper, probably coming from the person who just got dumped.

          “Are you serious?” I heard a male voice say. So they’re gay?! Sweet!

          “I’m really sorry …” Bullshit! “I know this is really sudden and everything but she-“He said, but he suddenly stopped. I stiffened. Did he see me behind my locker, or maybe hear me curse under my breath?

          “Shut up, right now. I know I’m not exactly really smart, I may still be a sophomore and you’re a senior, and I’m really shy around a lot of people, but I know one thing for sure, what your doing is a big mistake.” He said positively. I grinned into my locker, and applauded him secretly. Great job dude!

          “Mistake huh? No, the only mistake I ever made was going out with you. Yeah, you are shy, and emo, and since we’re all being honest here, I never really liked you. I just felt bad for you,” He spat out. That’s it, I’ve had enough.

          I slammed my locker shut, and found the newly single ‘couple’ standing in the corner, near the water fountain.

          I looked at the two, and I could easily spot out the jerk. He wore a light blue long sleeve polo shirt with black baggy jeans and neon blue Converse – very odd mix if I do say so myself. The other gay guy was really cute looking, but nothing like my Asa, and he had long bleach white hair, that reached his shoulders and his bangs swept across his face coving his pretty twinkling green eyes and reached just about to his jaw line.

          “Shut your mouth,” I hissed. Even though I don’t know any of them, I felt like I had to step in. He was getting his heartbroken, and then he’s being told that his boyfriend – ex – only felt sorry for him. That’s uncalled for and I won’t stand it, and neither should he. You know, maybe it’d be a good time to get his name…