26. Girl Meets I Love You

Lucas left Riley's house an hour after she had stopped crying, he went home and decided to write something for his other half, a letter saying sorry for what he was about to do to his life. He knew that in order to fix Riley, and himself in this world they would both have to transfer to a different school. One that was far from where they both went, even if it meant commuting on a daily basis so that she could heal away from the bullies, and the people who had hurt her.

He walked downstairs texting Riley saying that they had to meet, his sister was in the living room watching television. He realized that he didn't even know the girl's name and that bothered him and he didn't want to know, mainly because he was afraid that if he changed too much of this world his other self would be troubled by all of the changes.

Leaving his house he walked off towards the nearby park looking for Riley, as he walked around. She was going to meet him soon but when he looked at his watch he realized that she was late, which was something that normally didn't happen with his Riley. He walked towards Riley's house and up the ladder to the bay window only to see her fighting with her parents as they tore up her room.

"What are you doing?" she screamed at them.

"We heard that you we on drugs," her father said. "So we're going to go through everything until we find them."

"I'm not on drugs, I'm not on anything, why are you doing this to me?" she yelled back at him.

Lucas noticed how her older brother was standing in the corner of the room, for some reason the guy irked him. He kept his eyes on the storm brewing inside the bedroom, as Riley tried to push her parents out the door.

"Here they are dad," Elliot said walking up with a bag Lucas had seen him pull out from his back pocket.

Her mother looked at her disappointed. "Riley why were you lying?"

"I wasn't," Riley screamed as she looked at her brother in disbelief. "Those aren't mine."

"Then why were they in your room?" her father asked her.

"They weren't."

"What if Auggie had found them, do you have any idea what would have happened?" her mother said.

Lucas had had enough of what was happening and pulled the bay window open climbing into the room and pulling Riley behind him.

"What the hell are you doing her Friar?" Elliot spat out looking Lucas in the face. He hadn't noticed before because he had only seen the older boy from afar but he knew that there was something wrong with him.

"I'm here because you're accusing Riley of something she doesn't do, or had any knowledge of because her asshole brother wants to cover his own ass," Lucas said his Texas side on the surface almost willing Elliot to push him. Lucas didn't need drugs to have an edge, he already lived with anger simmering on the inside.

Elliot got in front of Lucas standing within an inch of his face, "You don't know shit," he spat out.

"I know enough," he said in regards to how Riley is treated. "If you believe a rumor and drugs that came from nowhere, then you don't deserve to have her as a sister," he turned to her parents. "Or a daughter."

Taking Riley's hand he pulled her away from her family and through her bedroom towards the front door. Auggie was standing in the hallway smiling at Riley as they walked passed him, from that alone Lucas knew that Auggie knew what was happening, but was too young to figure out the implications of what Riley was doing to herself, and what his brother was doing to himself.

"Lucas where are we going?" Riley asked as they walked out the door. Instead of taking her downstairs he took her to the roof where not too long ago, he and his Riley had shared a moment after the dance. When he stopped, he tried to reign in his anger against her family, they weren't these kinds of people, they were better than that but something happened along the way that changed them and he hated it. Then he realized what it was, the brother Elliot wasn't in his world and he was the one person in Riley's life who had shaped her everything.