6. Girl Meets Smarkle

"Riley," Farkle called out from across the hallway. "Riles, I need your help."

"What do you need help with?" Riley asked curious as to what her genius friend needed from her.

He sighed and looked around. "Well Smackle and I have been going out for two years now, and I want help planning a special night with her."

"Aww, Farkle that's so cute," she smiled looking at him thinking about how cute he was with his long-time girlfriend. Remembering how the two geniuses confessed their feelings for one another earlier in the year. "I'll would help you but shouldn't it be something you come up with?"

"That's the problem, I can't figure it out at all," he walked over to the nearby bench as their classmates walked around them. "I don't know how to do the real romantic stuff. I want it to be special because Isadora is not your average girl. She's the sun and the moon all at once."

Riley couldn't help but smile listening to him. "You love her, Farkle you're talking all romantic."

"So you'll help me?"

"Yes," she said getting up as the first bell rung. "Meet me at my house, bay window, today at seven. Don't tell anyone."

"Please don't tell Maya, as much as I love her she would make fun of me because I couldn't figure this out."

"Maybe the bay window wouldn't work since she would automatically show up after our study session."

"Where should we meet then?"

"How about Barnes and Noble, we can sit in the café there and talk, or we could browse the books while we talk," she suggested remembering that she needed a book to read for her report so it was like killing two birds with one stone.

"Alright, I'll meet you there at seven," he nodded as he started walking to his next class. "And Riley thanks."

"No problem Farkle," she said and walked off to go to her literature class.

Afterschool the six friends meet at Topanga's and study like they usually did, while they sat there Riley thought of ideas for Farkle and Smackle's anniversary, scribbling them on the edge of her paper. But with each idea she didn't think it would work with the two geniuses because they were things she wanted to do with Lucas. She gave up and stood from her seat.

"I'm going to get a smoothie anybody want anything?" she asked, but the group shook their heads as they worked on their various papers. Riley walked away and ordered her smoothie, as she was waiting Smackle came up to her and looked her in the eye.

"Yes Smackle?" Riley asked getting nervous as the brunette genius stared her down.

"I need some advice, and since society states that females usually ask for help from their closest female friends I thought I should ask you," Smackle said to her.

"Go ahead Smackle, you have my attention."

"What does a girl get her boyfriend on an anniversary? For males it's customary to offer flowers and stuffed toys but Farkle and I aren't like that so I need to know how to go about getting him something that would be suitable."

Riley felt herself getting giddy, but since this was a private conversation she instead looked Smackle in the eye and thought about the best way to go about helping both of her friends.

"Okay, you have to think of something that you and Farkle share that you love the most, something that you know would make him happy," Riley said thinking about how well the two geniuses know each other. "You already know but you're trying too hard to think like a normal girl. Try thinking like a Smackle."