20. Girl Meets Fight

Everything in Riley's life was going back to normal, and it made her happy because everyone is happy where they are in their lives. At least that's what she wants to be happy about. In the end Riley knew that when everything falls into place something else falls apart. That's how life is, it's not a constant string of happy endings. Every once and a while it throws you a curve ball.

Of course on this particular day, she was let out of cheerleading practice early and went looking for her best friend. When she reached the art room she saw Maya's bag on the floor next to her latest painting. It was a mirage of colors the images hidden in the art, just like when she painted a purple cat at the beginning of freshman year. Riley walked into the room to wait for Maya to finish so that they could meet their friends at Topanga's to study.

On the way in she didn't notice that the tarp had been raised off the ground and tripped over it, knocking over the tray of paint that had been left uncovered by Maya's painting. All the paint spilled onto the painting before it fell to the ground. Riley's hands were covered in paint as well as her uniform, but she started freaking out about the fact that Maya's painting had been ruined.

The door on the other side of the room opened revealing her best friend. "Riley what the hell," Maya screamed rushing over to the painting she had been working on.

"I didn't mean to," Riley said but as she started to explain herself, Maya started yelling at her.

"Riley this was supposed to be my entry into the city wide art contest, it was supposed to give me a chance at an exclusive summer program at NYU and you freaking ruined it. You can't let me have anything can you, you have this need to ruin everything I've ever worked for."

"But Maya," Riley tried again but Maya was fuming at her.

"No buts, get the hell out of here," Maya said looking at her ruined at piece. "I don't want to see you right now."

Riley didn't move, she knew that if she left their friendship would be ruined, instead she watched Maya huff around the room in shock. Wondering if Maya was right about her ruining everything, but it hadn't made any sense. Riley would give up everything for Maya, she would give Maya everything in the world. She had already gotten a father because Riley had meddled in her mother's life.

"Maya," Riley said but the blonde took a cup full of black paint and poured it on Riley's head.

"Get the hell out now," Maya said.

Riley got up and started crying trying to get to her best friend. "Ring power, Maya," she said trying to get her best friend's attention, but Maya only glared.

"No," Maya said before grabbing her bag and rushing out of the room.

Riley couldn't do anything but sit there and cry. Another incident in the last few months where no one listened to her side. Only this time it was from the person who had defended her last time. She didn't want to go to the café anymore, all she wanted to do was go home and cry until Maya came over and talked to her. They were best friends and like everything in their lives this will be fixed. Instead she stayed behind and started cleaning the art supplies, and pulling Maya's painting off the ground to see the damage.

---------------------------------------

Maya couldn't believe it, Riley had the audacity to ruin something she had been working on for weeks. She needed this chance because she would never get into a good school without help, and Riley ruined it in one minute. She walked into Topanga's without thinking, her feet had lead her there.

"Hey Maya," Farkle said looking up at her. "Where's Riley?"

"How the hell should I know?" Maya said lashing out at the mention of Riley's name.