9. Returning

Chapter 9

 “Strike! Now! Harder!” Maya screams.

Chloe throws her leg up towards the target splitting it into pieces she then turns her head to dodge the punch from one of the guards. She backs up ready to strike the guard again but she is distracted by metal plates flying towards her. Maya her trainer continues to yell, “Always be ready!” she then lifts a chair from the table in the corner with her magic and throws it towards Chloe.

Chloe dodges the table and turns around only to be hit by a metal pole and was thrown across the training room to be stopped by the wall. She clutched her stomach as she struggle to get up. She felt dizzy so she grabs her head trying to shake the pain away only to be hit by the metal pole again.

“Stop!” Chloe screams she gets up eyes glowing and the man with the pole including the rest of the guards is thrown into the nearest wall getting knock unconscious.

Maya runs towards Chloe screaming, “Breathe Chloe Breathe!” Chloe follows her order breathing slowly calming herself down. She is doing what Maya taught her to control her magic to never let it slip. Slowly Chloe began to turn back to normal including her eyes.

“I’m Sorry.” She says.

Maya just turns and orders the guard to get more fighters she then yells, “Again!”

Chloe grabs a stick to defend herself from the blows the guard is throwing. She had fought all the guards today and he was the last. She could see in his eyes that he was afraid. Chloe smirks and kicks him in the gut with all her power that he lands on the hard floor across the room. She then bows and turns to her trainer. She looks at Maya who had a smirk on her face. Her blonde hair was in a pony-tail and her long tan legs were showing because of the shorts she wore. Maya bows and demands, “Good job same time tomorrow get plenty rest.”

“Wait, when do I start my magic?” Chloe asks.

Maya turns putting her hand on her hip and answers simply, “When you are ready.”

“What the hell you mean when I’m ready I been here for several months now!” Chloe screams. “I’m tired of waiting.”

Maya smiles and answers again, “Like I said when you are ready.”

Chloe knew she couldn’t take Maya, not now anyways. Maya was well train witch who knew Ju jitsu and she had her black belt. Chloe was close to her black belt.

“Well I’m getting impatience okay.” Chloe screams. “I only came here to finish my magic training not learn how to fight my grandma taught me that.”

Maya folds her arms and demands, “You came here so we could prepare you for the throne. You will obey and be patience. This conversation is over you are dismissed.”

Chloe swears under her breath and leaves to go to Lady Anne quarters she was not finish with this conversation. She heads to the big door that’s guarded by the same men from the first day she arrive to the palace. She smiles and was about to enter until one guard threw his arm out, “You cannot enter at this time.”

“Do you ever learn?” Chloe says throwing the guard arm out of her way with a lot of force. The other pull his sword and she just eyed him and walks through the doors to see Anne signing papers as always.

“Lady Anne.” Chloe says presenting herself. The guard’s runs behind her fast trying to explain her presence but Lady Anne throws her hands up and wave the guards to go away. She then continues to read and signs paper. Chloe stands there waiting for Anne to finish.

“What’s the problem?” Anne asks keeping her eyes on the documents she was reading.

“Being here is the problem.” Chloe answers. “You said you would teach me how to control my power.”