0.7

[Louis]

"What?" I lift my head up when I hear Ishita's loud voice.

"I just do not understand what you saw in him? Messed up hair, raggedy clothes. Oh, heavens he smells like weed."

"First of all, Oh heavens? Mum, what are you? British? And Second of all, you is just being paranoid." My eyebrows furrowed, does Mira, not like me? And British people don't say oh heavens. Ishita should get her facts straight.

"I am not. You are stupid." It is obvious that she does not like me but that does not give Mira the right to be rude to Ishita. My eyes wandered on the now cold Chinese food which I had set on the dining table. I guess no one is eating dinner tonight.

"Ma-" I stood up from the couch to pick up the television remote. Maybe this will help block out their voices. I was proven wrong when I hear Mira shout once again. God that woman is giving me a headache.

"Correction- You were stupid."

"Ma but-"

"Don't you ma me! I will not hesitate to smack these ideas out of you. First, your decision to not go through with Law School, then your stupid breakups with Zayn and now you're pregnant with his baby!"

"Excuse yourself, mother."

"Hey! You naive girl! Do you understand the severity of this situation?"

I shake my head and play a random movie to help calm me down. All their yelling and Mira's hateful feelings towards me are really making me anxious for some reason.

"Mom, can you please lower your voice? I am getting a headache," I wasn't shocked. Anyone would get a headache if they got yelled at by Ishita's mother.
Nevertheless, I approached the guest bedroom to check on the two women.

I silently watched them as Mira sat on the neatly made bed with a blank look on her face. I couldn't help but notice how similar they are, physical appearance wise obviously. Ishita and her mother are nowhere near alike in personality wise. Ishita is far more open minded than her mother.

Ishita gently rubbed her belly and looked up, her hazel eyes meeting mine. She did not bother giving her mother a second look and marched out of the room. Giving me a weak smile, Ishita indirectly told her mother to come for dinner who so politely declined.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

"I am heating up dinner."

"Who said I am eating?" Mira snarled and Ishita rolled her eyes.

Grabbing a hold of my hand, Ishita turned around to give her mother her piece of mind but I barged in.

Wrong move.

"Who said I c--" I quickly slapped my hand on Ishita's mouth who humphed angrily.

"We'd be honored if you'd join us for dinner," I spoke with a small smile and a suggestive look on my face. My actions must have startled Mira because she looked shocked. 

"Okay," she spoke in a tiny voice and Ishita rolled her eyes. I gave her scolding look which she gladly decided to ignore. I returned my attention to Mira who was pulling her suitcase on her bed. 

"We will see you downstairs then," and with that, I helped Ishita walk down the stairs. 

"You know you did not have to do that right?" Ishita said and began heating the food. She did not look me in the eye and just silently moved around the kitchen. 

I grabbed the fortune cookies and put them in a jar, "don't start this with me now," I said. I flinched when she slammed a random container on the counter. 

"No, Louis! She has no right to just boss everyone around," Ishita gave me a stern look which I returned. She pointed towards the stairs, "That woman-"

"-Is your mother," I but in before she decided to say something I knew she'd regret. 

"Yes and you are my fiancé," She marched towards me and I grabbed her hands. 

"I know you are scared," I caressed her hands, making my way to her arms. 

"I am too," speaking just above a whisper, I had managed to calm her down. 

"But anger is not the answer to this."

"You don't know her Louis," Ishita had this defeated look on this which was weird since she was the one who wanted to involve her mother and my father. 

"Then why did you want to involve her?" I dropped her hands and furrowed my eyebrows. She sighed and sat on a chair. 

"Because I thought she'd be a little supportive. Louis, she is my mother-" She paused as her voice cracked a tad bit, making me sigh. 

"And that is why you need to respect the fact that she will come around," I said getting on my knees to get to the same level as her. 

"She will take her time, but she will come around."

~~

I am so sorry for not updating soon but I had a mini writer's block because of tests (march/April are the busiest). Plus I am super stressed cuz of parent teacher interviews next week. It is weird because I am a good student but just the thought of two adults and my dad talking about me in front me kinda freaks me out. 

Who else is stressed out and why?

Oooh, I am anxious that the hearing thingie for Louis and the LAX airport fight thing has been delayed. I am not prepared for any surprises yet.