Chapter Two

"Here we are," Rick said.

I looked up to see a prison, with fences and everything. There were some walkers in the yard, but I was sure they weren't really a threat. Rick led me up to the gates, which were opened and he led me inside. Everyone was eyeballing me, and they we're stares of disapproval. A Korean guy went up to Rick, all while sort of glaring at me. "Rick, I've told you before. We can't keep bringing people in here."

"She's a kid, for Christ's sake, Glenn. What was I supposed to do, leave her out there?"

Frustrated, Glenn walked away. Rick looked down at me. "Don't mind them, they're just nervous. Can you blame them?" he smiled. "Come on, we'll take you to Hershel. He can look you over, and see if you have any injuries that we can treat."

"Thank you," I said.

Rick led me over to a cell block, and Carl was there. "Carl, where's Hershel?" Rick asked.

Carl looked up and saw me. he glanced at his father. "He left to go get something, told me to wait here for the new girl."

Rick left me there with Carl, and I sat on the floor next to him. I looked over at him. He had piercing blue eyes, but they were really pretty. He had dark brown hair, and it was messy but it WAS the zombie apocalypse so I guess it was understandable. Plus, the messy hair was kind of cute. He looked over at me and I quickly looked away. "How old are you?" he asked.

"Fourteen, and you?"

He looked at me and smiled. "Fourteen."

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said.

Suddenly an older man, with a beard and one leg came in. "Oh, you must be Lexi. Hi Lexi, I'm Hershel."

"Hi there."

He led me into one of the cells, and sat with me on the bench. Carl followed us, and he sat on the floor. "You got any injuries you know of?" he asked while examining my arm.

"No sir, not that I know of."

"Well, we'll find out then."

After he was done examining me, Carl said he'd show me around and introduce me to everyone. He took me into the cell block where everyone seemed to be sleeping, and led me to the very last one. "Here's where you'll be sleeping," he said. "And... my dad said that since we're around the same age that we had to share a cell block..."

His cheeks were extremely red. "Come on," he said, breaking the awkward silence. "I'll show you around."

I smiled. "Okay."

>>>>>It's short and boring I know I'm sorry DX<<<<<