Chapter 3- Wishful

WISHFUL

I still couldn’t believe he used the line he couldn’t trust me. He never took the chance to know me to know that I’m one of the most trustful people. But since that day that ruined my life even more no one took the time other than Kyle. So here I was sitting on Kyle’s bed while he’s talking about Goddess knows what.

“What got you so quite Anna bear”? Kyle interrupted my thoughts.

“I found my mate.” I whispered. I didn’t tell Kyle right away what happened between me and Liam just because I know how he would take it.

“What! Who, When, why didn’t you tell me”? The last question he sounded hurt and I immediately felt guilty.

“I’m sorry when I tell you you’d understand why I didn’t tell you.” I took a deep breath already on the verge of tears.

“My mate is none other than Liam Michaels. Before you ask no I’m not joking. I found out after I sent you to class. He came to talk to me as he put it. And the reason I didn’t tell you is because for a second I was stupid and was happy about it I mean come on I found my mate. But then he brought me back to Earth and rejected me as his mate and future Luna of this pack.”

I finally drew in the breath that I had let go long in the middle of my speech. I gained enough courage to look at him and what I saw had me hugging him tight. He was shaking literally fighting his control.

“Kyle calm down I’m ok and don’t worry he didn’t hurt me just my wolf. Look at me I’m fine.” I was pleading for him to calm down

“Calm down Anna that dick has no right to reject you I mean come on you’re the best.” He hugged me back calming down a little with every passing second.

“Anna… If I didn’t know that I had a mate out there somewhere I’d be happy to mate with you. I wish you could see you the way I see you. You don’t deserve any of the malicious acts that have come across you. You are loving, creative, intelligent, and beautiful beyond belief, but you are also my best friend. I only hope that when I find my mate I can call her my best friend.” He finished speaking and pulled out of the hug.

Looking at him I felt the tears running down my cheeks. How come I couldn’t be his mate? We were perfect together never an awkward silence to top it off he stood by my side during the toughest time of my life.

“That was the sweetest, but also cheesiest thing you have ever told me and how I wish it were true that we were mates but unfortunately we’re not. I got dealt a crappy hand from fate and I’m just going to deal with it like I always do.”

“Oh and I can tell you right now your mate will never be your best friend.” Saying those words with as much meaning I could I looked upon his confused face trying not to laugh.

“What do you mean she will never be my best friend I know you’re at a low point right now but don’t go taking it out on my future mate.” He was getting kind of upset.

“Jeez relax. She will never be your best friend because that title is already taken by me and I’m going to relinquish it anytime soon.” He had a huge grin on his face finally realizing what I was saying. Which was true no matter Kyle would always be my best friend. Little did he know his best friend might not always be by his side to go through the ups and downs with him.

“Hey I think it’s time for me to go home can you drive me I really don’t want to hear their mouths tonight I just want to get some rest.” I stand up knowing he will never turn me down.

“Sure thing Anna but you have to promise me something.” He had so much sincerity in his voice it made me stop from walking out of the room and turn to face him.

“You know I will promise you anything Kyle just name it.”

“Promise me you won’t let what Liam did today change you. After everything you’ve been through don’t let that piece of shit think that he had any power to change you.” I ran and hugged him again for what seemed like the umpteenth time today.

“I promise you Kyle what he did won’t change me it made me realize something’s but I won’t change because of him. You have my blood word.”

Walking out of his room then the house I made it to his car and jumped in. this was going to be harder than I thought. The drive was quiet we were both so trapped in thought that I didn’t realize we were at my house looking around I breathed a sigh of relief Liam wasn’t here. Getting out the car I waited for Kyle to make it to my side of the car. He slung his arm around me like he always does. This simple gesture had me leaning into his side feeling safe and loved.

Stopping at my front door he eloped me in a tender but bear like hug. “So I’ll see you tomorrow morning I don’t want Collin driving you after what happened today and you better be up or else.” He said with I know was a smile on his face, remembering the time he had to come and wake me up and walked in on me sleeping in my birthday suit but what could I say I t was a hot night and he should have never pulled the covers off of me.

“Ok thanks again for always being there for me you’re the best and don’t worry I’ll be up extra early just for you.” I replied jokingly.

“And with clothes on don’t think I didn’t notice that you forgot to mention that but ok I love you Anna never forget that and I’m going to always be here for you.” Embracing me tighter he kissed the top of my head.

Why couldn’t you be mine Kyle? I kept thinking to myself. “I love you to Kyle and don’t worry you will remind me enough so I won’t forget.”

Just then I heard a distinct growl that made my heart race. Turning I saw the last person I wanted to see.

“Get your hands the fuck off of her.”

“You have no right to tell anyone what to do when it comes to Anna.” Kyle snarled back.

“I have the right to tell who the fuck I want what to do when it comes to my mate.” That’s when I heard enough. Stepping out of Kyle’s embrace I stood in front of him so that Kyle was now standing behind me with his hands on my waist.

“You Liam Michaels have no right to call me your mate, last I checked you rejected me so that leaves me to do whatever or whoever I please. Alpha or no Alpha you lost all right to tell me what to do now if you don’t mind I would like for you to pretend we were never mates and leave me the hell alone or treat me the way you did before.”

“I will not pretend that I didn’t find my mate Anna even if I did…reject you it was for the best.”

At this point I was furious. I didn’t care what they say about challenging an alpha. First he treats me like gum beneath his shoes, then rejects me, and now he thinks he can dictate my life after all that he has done.

Walking up to him I did the unthinkable. I slapped Liam Michaels the Alpha to the Blue Crystal pack. He stood there stunned hell even I was stunned but what gave him the right to be like this towards me. I have done absolutely nothing to him until now.

“Don’t you dare call me Anna you haven’t had that right in seven years. And your right it was for the best that you rejected me because you would have been a worthless excuse of a mate.” With this I gave Kyle one last hug and kiss on his cheek then walked into my house not bothering to stop and talk with anyone and went straight to my room. I have to set my plan in motion.

‘I’m sorry Kyle’ was all I could think before I drifted off into a fightful sleep.