Chapter 6-Emptiness

EMPTINESS

Kyle’s P.O.V

It has been a week since she left. A whole week since I saw her face to face I mean of course she sends pictures everyday but it wasn’t the same. I know that we weren’t mates and I still want to kill Liam for what he did to her. If only he realized what he truly let go. Anna and I have been best friends since we were little she was the first girl I kissed the first girl I bought flowers for hell she was the first girl I fell in love with. I knew she loved me too but was afraid to ruin our friendship plus we both said we were waiting for our mates and I knew Anna wasn’t mine. God how I wished she was. That day she came running into my room in tears and told me what that monster did I was ready to lose control to my wolf.

Flashback: Sitting on my bed I nearly jumped out of my skin when my door bust open usually there was a knock standing in my fight stance I saw Anna with her hand on the knob looking ready to pass out at any moment. I rush to her side pick her up and lay her on the bed. Looking her over I see her muddy clothes and tear shed face something was really wrong Anna never cries her father taught her tears were a sign of weakness.

“Baby girl”? I used the nickname I gave her due to how small she used to be compared to me but now she was to my shoulder I love standing behind her with my arms around her waist and let my chin rest on the top of her head.

“Baby girl please talk to me.”

“I’m sorry Kyle I’m so sorry.” What was she sorry for she has never done anything to be sorry for?

“Anna, please talk to me your starting to scare me.” Grabbing her shoulders I pull her up so that she’s leaning on me in a way of support so that she’ll continue I’m so scared right now I don’t know what to do.

“I tried Kyle I really did I said no and fought but he wouldn’t listen.”

“Who wouldn’t listen baby girl what happen please tell me.”

“I can’t you will not believe me like they wouldn’t believe me.”

I take her chin into my hand and turn her face so that I am looking her in her eyes. “Anna I will always believe you, you know this I know you would never lie to me.”

“So please tell me what happened Anna I will do everything in my power to make this pain I see in your eyes go away. But you have to let me in talk to me.

She took a breath then removed her chin from my hand so now she was looking down at the bed comforter. “He raped me. I tried to stop him I screamed for anyone but no one came I got tired and couldn’t fight anymore I’m sorry Kyle I told you I will always fight but It died in me.”

By the end of her confession she was crying to wear the tears were dropping on my legs and I was shaking ready to lose control. I have never once wanted to lose control so much. This was my baby girl and someone had the nerve to take away her innocence someone had the audacity to hurt her.

“Who”? Such a simple word yet that was all I could mutter out. While still fighting for control.

“It was Ryan.”

“Ryan”? That name rung a bell in my memory but I couldn’t place it.

“Yes, Ryan Jackson”

“What! The Alpha’s nephew did this to you? What did the alpha do as his punishment”?

“He did nothing.” Was all she whispered.

“I’m going to kill them all I swear Anna.”

“No Kyle if you do that I will have no one please don’t do anything that will cost me you. Please promise you won’t do anything please Kyle.”

The look in her eyes quieted my wolf there was no one I can cause her anymore pain.

“I promise Anna I will do nothing to have you lose me.” I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead there was no way I was going to ever loose Anna she was my world.

Present:

Coming back to reality I was shaking as I did that day. I know I promised Anna that I would never do anything for her to lose me but her leaving me felt like someone took a blade to my heart and slowly cut it out all that was left was emptiness.

All of a sudden my phone rings I jump up hoping its Anna I haven’t heard from her today and I’m starting to worry. Looking at the phone I didn’t recognize the number.

“Hello”?

“Kyle”?

“Yea who’s this”?

“Look don’t hang up when I tell you who it is I’m just worried.”

“Who the hell is this if you don’t answer I will hang up.”

“It’s…its Liam.”

“What the hell do you want.”

“You will watch your tone Kyle.”

“Look here asshole you called me I don’t care if your alpha what the hell do we have to say to each other.”

“I just need to know Kyle please just tell me.”

“Need to know what.”

He sighed I guess this must be serious. “I just need to know if she is ever coming back”?

“Ha you got to be fucking me what is there to come back to you”?

“I am her mate Kyle and I do love her I don’t know what I was thinking when I rejected her and I’m sorry for it just tell me if she is coming back and that she’s all right.”

“You are no longer her mate you rejected her and she accepted it the bond is now breaking and you can feel it happen the reason you rejected her is because you didn’t want to  look bad in front of your people instead of allowing fate to take its course.”

“I know what I did was stupid now ok I don’t need you to remind me of it. I feel like shit every time I wake up throughout the day and before I go to sleep so save me will you and just answer the damn questions.”

His voice held authority that I could not question I hate that he’s my fucking alpha to be otherwise he would’ve had his ass kicked just for hurting her.

“She is fine Liam and as far as I know she is not coming back to this place of dark memories and I don’t blame her.” With that I hung up just talking to the prick makes me want to kill him. My phone goes off again.

“Listen asshole just leave her the fuck alone you made your bed now lay in it.”

“Kyle? Are you ok I was just doing my daily check in.”

“Baby girl sorry I just got off the phone with… never mind where are you”?

“With Liam and I’m in Ashier.”

“You’re still close that’s only a state over.”

“I told you I wouldn’t go far I can’t stay that far from you now can I”?

“No you cannot.” I say with a laugh because we both know it’s true we have never been more than a town apart and three days was the longest we’ve ever been without seeing each other.

“Yea well I’m tired from the day I’ll call you in the morning ok”?

“Ok baby girl you need to check in more though all day I was worried about you.”

“Haha.. Ok I will call and text more I promise and I’m sorry to make you worried.”

“Ok have a good night baby girl I love you.”

“I know you do Kyle and I love you sweet dreams talk to you tomorrow.”

“Ok night Anna.”

“Bye”

“Bye"