Chapter 1-Lies

“LIES”

It was like every other morning, but today he will see me for what I really am. His mate.  I was so excited. Getting up I shut off my alarm clock, going to the closest I pull out my favorite band shirt thirty seconds to mars and a pair of black skinny jeans. What I couldn’t figure out is what underwear and shoes to wear. In the corner of my eye I saw a pair of black stilettos and I realized the perfect pair of underwear a red lacy bra with matching boy shorts.

 I had to look my best when he realizes it. I took my shower and started on my make up going for my everyday look of a dramatic eye and simple lips. Putting on the final touch I heard Collin yell up the stairs.

“Hurry your ass up Annastasia; I’m not going to be late because of your lazy ass.”

Pulling on my leather jacket I took one final look in the mirror making sure everything looked perfect, or at least close to it. Walking down the stairs I see Collin looking pissed. I guess someone’s not happy about their friend finding their mate.

“Shut the hell up Collin I’m right here and we’re not going to be late so get your jock strap out your ass.” I smile at the glare he sends me. ‘yea yea you don’t like me and I don’t like you either’ I thought to myself.

We head towards his Escalade I stop and look at the hideous sight. Black truck on black rims really dude it looks so stupid especially seeing as the rims are twenty-two inches once again I say really. Of course I would have to ride with him seeing as my parents never had the heart to buy me my car like they did for my loving brother. Little did they know I had a job outside of town as an assistant for a big firm. And I have been saving every paycheck o have received to get the necessities I deserve.

“Stop gawking at my baby and get your ass in the truck.” Collin yelled from the driver’s side.

Yep someone’s really upset about losing his best friend. More like his wing man to sleep with every girl in this god forsaking town. Sliding in the passenger seat he peeled out of the drive way we were at school in a record setting eight minutes when it usually takes twenty.

Letting go of my seat I looked at my brother. “Are you fucking crazy driving like that you could’ve gotten into a wreck or worse killed us.” I yelled out him and tried to get my breathing under control at the same time.

“Calm down Annastasia I had this baby under control.” He stated while rubbing his trucks dash.

Getting out of the truck I was wrapped in familiar arms. Kyle who just so happen to be my best friend. “What the hell Collin you could’ve killed my girl here.”

“Would have been doing everyone a favor if I did.” Collin whispered but I heard him. Taking a deep breath the hold back the tears.

 I looked up a Kyle begging him with my eyes to get me away from him before I have a breakdown. Thankfully who knew that look well grabbing my hand he leads  me to the back of the school to comfort me. While trying to rush to our spot I bumped into someone and felt the sparks. Unfortunately I kept my head down to hide my tears so I didn’t get a look at who I just bumped into and I really didn’t care I just needed to get away as quick as possible.

LIAM’S P.O.V

I can’t believe I’m going to find her today I thought before I opened my eyes. Once I did my smile faded. Sitting on the end of my bed was my hot cheerleading girlfriend staring at me with hope in her eyes. I took a breath in and knew  at that instance that Chelsea was not her.

“You need to leave.” I spoke with authority.

Her face became one of fear. “What I can’t leave until you tell me I’m your mate so we can let everyone know.” She had a  wicked smile on her face at the end of her sentence which I thought had to do with her rubbing in being the mate to the alpha.

I sighed and looked her dead in her eyes. “You are not my mate Chelsea.” At that moment I knew to cover my ears she gave an ear drum

“I am your mate Liam, don’t you dare say that bull shit again I’ve known all along that you are mine and no one is going to take you away from me.” She was breathing hard as if trying to contain her wolf

“Lower your voice Chelsea before I make you, now like I have said you are not my mate.” This time I made sure to enunciate the words.

With this I got off my bed and got dressed. If Chelsea wasn’t my mate and we’ve together for three years then who was she taking up my time from?

Pondering this question I drove to school. Looking around I already saw Collin there waiting and he had a smug look on his. The one he got after a satisfying humiliation. Looking over I saw Kyle what’s his name holding Anna while sending  a murderous look towards Collin. Seeing him hold her set something off in me like I didn’t want him to comfort her, but I wanted to.

This thought had me stopping in my tracks I never been protective over anyone, especially Anna.  But seeing Kyle pull her towards the back of the school I couldn’t resist going to her. Something inside me seemed unsettled watching her walk away from her brother with her head down like she was hiding something. I wanted to know what she was hiding so I started in her direction.

With her head down she didn’t even realize we were walking straight towards each other. That’s when it happened our arms bumped into each other and I felt my wolf come alive ‘Mine’. My eyes widened as I turned around and saw that she didn’t even stop or turn around did she not feel that amazing shock.

Then it hit me Annastasia Degallos was my mate. “No” I whispered. She can’t be my mate.