DISTRACTIONS

DISTRACTIONS

Surprisingly the drive to my new little house wasn’t awkward with Caleb in the car. But it was difficult to pay attention to the road with a shirtless sex god in the passenger seat. And by the way he’s smirking he knows it.

‘Ok Anna just keep your eyes on the road’ I think to myself while forcing myself to look where I’m going.

“So Anna you know I have to ask why you moved to my territory”? His voice alone had me wanting to pull the car over.

“Like I said back in the woods it’s been a difficult couple of weeks.” I know I thought earlier that he was Alpha because everyone just left us there but I realized on the walk to the car was that the only power of an Alpha he had was his authoritive tone so what does he mean by his territory isn’t it always the Alphas territory. Looking at Caleb I don’t feel power pouring off of him in waves I just see another were.

“Well that didn’t answer my question at all.” He’s serious about this question and I don’t know whether to tell him or just make up some excuse I mean I don’t know Caleb at all I met the guy once before today. I know we’ve been messaging each other but that was it. If I do tell him about why I moved how much should I say?

“You sure are thinking very hard over there and in order to be on this land you have to tell me the truth because I will know your lying and I built this pack on honesty.”

“You keep saying things like you own this pack I don’t feel any power coming off of you so why do you talk like you’re an Alpha”? At this question he looked at me and laughed which got me even more confused.

“What’s so funny it’s a legitimate question?”

“To answer your question I am Alpha of this pack.” My mouth felt like it literally hit the ground there was no way Caleb was Alpha maybe beta or lead warrior he didn’t have the other qualities of an Alpha.

“If your Alpha why can’t I feel your power like I can from other Alphas”?

“If I answer this question you’ll have to answer mine deal”? Great I really wanted to know why apparently so did he. Taking a deep breath.

“Deal” was all I said.

“Great the reason why you don’t sense any power is because I learned how to turn it off in a way I’m still strong but my opponents wont realize that until it’s too late.”

“So basically you’re putting a cap on your powers”?

“I guess you can put it like that.”

“Now it’s your turn to answer my question.”

“Well don’t forget you were the one who asked it so don’t be upset by the answer.”

“Why would I get upset at your answer as long as it’s the truth I won’t be upset with you”?

“I didn’t say you would get upset at me.”

“Please just answer my question Anna I really want to know what brought you back to me.”

“Hey, in my defense I didn’t know you stayed in this town.”

“Stop staling and answer the question Annastasia.”

“Fine,” I pull the car to the side of the road so I can turn to look at him so he’ll realize I’m telling the truth.

“When I was young I was raped by my old Alphas Nephew when I told my family they didn’t believe me so they brought it up at a meeting in front of the whole pack and of course they also didn’t believe me.”