Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Saturday came too quickly for someone who had been worrying about it over sleepless nights. Sasuke sensed the distress radiating off waves from the blond and sighed through his nose. Clearly this older brother of the fox wasn't the loving kind. Naruto had shared enough horror stories about his childhood and Sasuke couldn't help but sympathise a little with his pretend boyfriend.

"Calm down, dobe. It'll be fine. Itachi can handle your brother just fine. He's not some ignorant spoilt brat you know? He's more of a genius than I am."

"But..."

A slender finger was placed on the pink plush lips. Sasuke mentally noted how soft they were but forcefully tore his gaze away from them. He looked into clear cerulean eyes and affirmed the blond in a soft voice. "It'll be fine, I promise."

Naruto stared into obsidian irises and nodded meekly. Sasuke had told him once before that an Uchiha's promise is worth his weight in gold. If Sasuke went as far as to give him his promise, then the fox would have to believe it.

Smiling at the fox demon, Sasuke offered his hand which Naruto gladly took before they left the house. Akatsuki café was only a few streets away and Naruto was glad Sasuke agreed to walk there with him instead of driving over. It gave him some time to think and mentally prepare for the meeting.

>>Xxx Destiny Aitsuji xxX<<

The bell rang, indicating new customers as a very feminine looking man grinned and greeted the new comers.

"Welcome to Akatsuki!"

Naruto cringed at the loud greeting and tugged on Sasuke's sleeve. The raven haired man nodded to the blond waiter called Deidara and asked if his brother was there already.

"'Tachi is at the usual seat," Deidara replied but leaned in close and whispered. "He's with company though, that red haired beauty doesn't seem to be his usual type. I'll be careful of that one if I were him."

Sasuke nodded. "I'll keep an eye on him. Thanks."

Naruto raised a brow at the whispered conversation. He could hear them but wasn't quite sure what Itachi's 'usual type' meant.

Those thoughts were chucked aside when a familiar sight greeted the blond. "Kyuu-nii!"

Halting in their conversation, Kurama turned around only to be tackled by a very overgrown kit. "Naruto? You've certainly grown while I was away..."

The blond fox demon grinned and bounced excitedly while he recounted what had happened in his short trip to the human world. Neither demon noticed the looks of amusement exchanged by the Uchihas.

"...And then we're living together."

Kurama blinked owlishly at the conclusion.

"You're saying that you upgraded from pet to pretend lover in exchange for food and lodging."

Naruto nodded enthusiastically.

"Not only that, you'll be attending school on Monday with said pretend lover to ward of the fan girls?"

"Yupp!" the kit popped the 'p' at the end with a shit eating grin on his face.

The red haired demon let his head fall. The contact it made with the table shocked Itachi. It sounded loud enough to give a concussion.

When Kurama made no indication of getting up, Itachi got worried. Sasuke watched how his impassive older brother gently tapped on the older fox demon's shoulder. Naruto only pouted.