Chapter 24: Omnicorp, Ochenkov, and Others Part 4

he body of Raul, who remained unconscious.

The two had been stripped of their weapon and their glasses, meaning they had run out of communications with Ardwen and the others. Even Rick couldn't come to save them as they had no idea where he was in the scouting and he wouldn't have any idea they were captured without the communication network.

"We'll be fine. I'm sure somebody will come to save us when they figure things out. Until then we'll just sit this one out and hope they don't kill us. I'm sure my fan club back at the academy will wonder where their favourite student has gone and will rally up a breakout."

Porter rolled his eyes and looked around for ways of escape. There wasn't anything available though. They were caught and being paraded about through a building swarming with guards. Omnicorp was a premier manufacturing company of all sorts of things, including some prized weapons, to all the different countries and so they had to keep the place tight in case of attacks. But kids sneaking in was a bit of a new one for these guards to see and they all wanted to take a look. Porter wasn't sure whether to feel embarrassed by this or proud they had made it as far as they did.

Ardwen and Nami were staring at the screen, watching the two go through the different halls on their way to the main office in the centre, completely baffled. Suddenly they were walking about through heavily guarded areas with no regard for their safety and weren't going towards the objective. And just as suddenly, they had stopped all contact. Ardwen had tried furiously to re-establish the link but they had to shrug shoulders and give up eventually.

It was Riya who was the most panicked though, pushing at them to keep searching, to keep trying to make sense of it and get in contact. She was scared. She knew something was going wrong and it was she who first came up with the idea that maybe, just maybe, they had been caught.

"Well that would make a lot of sense then wouldn't it?" Ardwen sat back in the chair and pondered a little. "But then if they are, what do we do?" They all looked at each other than over at Shotuku, who was showing Gretta exactly how to properly slap someone using footwear. "You're our teacher, aren't you supposed to know these things?"

Shotuku slumped in his seat for a bit in thought and exasperation. There was a dead silence that passed through the stationary ship as they all looked towards the elderly man. "We need...a rescue."

* * * * *

Porter, Chase, and an unconscious Raul were escorted through a large gilded doorway, which was surrounded by pictures of famous figures shaking hands with a man and of different achievements by Omnicorp. Things had gotten rather plush in this central area, with ritzy looking chairs outside of brown leather (a fairly rare commodity these days) and a door made of mahogany wood, another rarity.

The doorway, though it looked antique and impressive, still opened automatically upon their arrival. Whoever had installed it hadn't gone with the full authentic look and opted for the more modern automatic systems. Either way, it was rather impressive, and Porter would have surely marvelled at it were he not bound and possibly being led to a death sentence. A corporation like this existed outside the sway of a country's laws and it was entirely possible they had their own justice system they could dispense.

The group was shoved through the doors to a large, high-ceiled room of wooden panelling fused with computer monitors and modern electronic devices. In its centre sat an ageing desk of redwood and cedar and an equally ageing man sat behind that.

He stood up at their entrance and revealed his tall, gaunt nature. His face was pulled tight over a bony structure and was speckled with tufts of greying stubble and a mixture of a short goatee. He wore a long dark suit kept in pristine condition and removed his glasses and set them down on the desk with delicacy.