Chapter 126: The Light of the Moon

"You're going to be intervening outside Cholet." Chandana's arms shot out to either side of her, grabbing the interior of the shuttle so she could steady herself. The Jade Fang had leant them one of their faster ships, but it did not provide a smooth ride. The rest of the students were strapped in tightly to their seats, facing each other, as the craft shuddered once more. "This thing is a piece of garbage," Chandana angrily mumbled, trying her best to kick at the closest thing she could, but the shuttle suddenly swerved through the air and nearly sent her flying. "I'll take Ling's head in compensation when I get back."

The rest of the students gulped on behalf of the doomed rebel leader, and the boys nervously crossed their legs, suspecting where Chandana would strike on the man.

"You're going to be stuck in the open a bit." Chandana pulled up a projected map in the centre of the carrier. "Much of this area used to be a little more populated with forests and pretty scenery, but human development wiped most of it. The Artisans only replanted trees in more populated areas, but out here in rural sections, nobody cares."

"How come you know so much about the Confederate if you're the leader of an Enian rebellion?" Ardwen scoffed, chucking a bit to himself before withering under a glare from the woman.

"We have some connections there, a few friends among the Silver Lance." Chandana shook her head at the constant ignorance and buffoonery she was surrounded by. She had never expected to be rescued from prison in the manner she was, and had assumed that someone with the resources to control multiple battlesuits, two of the powerful androids, and a Circuit Breaker would be a powerful individual capable of uniting the rebel factions in each country and driving forwards a global revolution. Instead she had goofy kids lead by their hopeless champion. "Wait, where is Porter?"

Heads began to swivel in the seats. It had never come up that Porter hadn't been with the group when they had left or done any planning; it just was assumed he would be around. "Come to think of it, I really haven't seen him for the past few days." Riya's innocent voice helped to dull Chandana's fury at Porter's absence, but the woman was still grinding her teeth.

"He left for specialized training with a specific teacher," Raul said, in a very matter-of-fact manner, as though nothing were out of place.

"How come you never mentioned that," Chandana growled. The only reason she wasn't strangling Raul was because she needed her arms to keep herself balanced in the shaking ship.

"I thought you knew, since you usually talk with Shotuku and Sigma."

Chandana gulped down the rest of her anger, recalculating and figuring out her new plan. While she did, all eyes turned to Nami, quizzical looks plastering the faces of the students. "What?" was all she said in response to the sudden stares.

"Well you are his stalker, after all."

"Sure, and I have notes on it right here." The little girl pulled out a notepad, turning it around to show everyone. Everything grew quiet as the page was examined, then some snickering began. Confused, Nami took a look at the page she was showcasing, her face running red as the notebook was littered with hearts and doodles of Chase. "You're all just jealous. I mean, he was my boyfriend after all." She rustled through the notes until she was showing the correct one, a page that indeed identified Porter leaving the island for training. "Nobody asks me about this kind of stuff, so I don't announce it."

"Fine, enough of this." Smoke was almost visibly streaming out of Chandana's ears as she once more thought about being stuck with kids instead of the powerful allies she had been banking on. But she calmed herself once more, reminded of the time she spent in prison reflecting on her actions. "I need to think things through a bit, but that old bastard left a message for all of you." She pressed a button, changing the map into a face of Shotuku.