Saint Patrick's Day

Note: Happy Saint Patrick's Day, guys!! Embrace the Irishness, my fellow Irish descendants ;) Listen to an Irish jig, eat St. Patty's Day cakes, and by all means, PINCH THOSE WHO ARE NOT WEARING GREEN ;)

"WHERE ARE MY GREEN SOCKS?!" I shrieked throughout the house I shared with my older brother, Abraham.

Strands of my fiery red hair fell in my face and I blew a raspberry to blow them off me. Checking behind another couch cushion to no avail, I stamped my foot in frustration.

"ABRAHAM! WHERE ARE MY-" I began to shout again when I noticed him standing in the doorway.

"Oh, there you are. Where are my-" I started in my normal voice when he held up a pair of Irish clover socks to me.

I let out a yelp of delight as I snatched them from him and promply sat on the floor, stripping off the ones I was wearing. Replacing them with the green ones, I smiled happily up at my brother.

"Darlin, you're not completely Irish. You know that right?" he drawled, arching an eyebrow.

I huffed, glaring at him.

"That doesn't matter, Abe. It's Saint Patrick's Day and everyone is full-blooded Irish today," I shot back triumphantly.

He rolled his eyes and smiled.

"So you meetin' your little boyfriend, today?" he teased and I glared at him again.

"He has a name, you know..." I said, getting up and looking him directly in the eyes, "It's Carl,"

"Yes, I think I'd know that. After all, we have lived with the boy for three years," he shot back sarcastically.

"Mhmm. And now, we're dating. Which mean you need to call him by his name, Abe," I admonished and he sighed in defeat.

"Fine. But if he mistreats you, I will whoop his behind from here back to that prison he used to stay in," he said, pointing a finger at me.

"Yeah, yeah..." I waved him off as I grabbed my sparkly green top hat off the side table before slipping out the front door.

Plopping it on my head, I skipped down the street to the Grimes house. When I arrived, I took the steps two at a time and rapped on the front door. A few seconds later, it swung open to reveal Carl. He wasn't wearing his familiar Sheriff's hat, instead leaving his lenghty brown hair to lightly brush his shoulders. He blinked his big blue eyes down at me and I smiled.

"Top o' the mornin' to ya, Carl," I greeted, tipping my top hat to him.

A giggle bubbled up from his lips and he grinned, taking in my green and gold attire.

"Someone's got their Irish on," he joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, it is Saint Patrick's Day," I told him, smiling.

He laughed and moved aside so I could step into the house. Instantly, the smell of cookies filled my nose. My eyes widened and I turned to my boyfriend who by taking my hand in his, intertwined his fingers with mine.

"Is that...no, is that cookies?!" I shrieked and he laughed again, nodding.

"Come on. I bet Carol will let you have one already. But only if you're nice," he teased, wagging a finger at me and I scoffed as he led me to the kitchen.

"I'm always nice, Grimes." I sniffed.

Walking through the doorway to the kitchen, a grin lit up my face at the light green cookies littering a wax paper spread out on the counter. I picked one up and bit into it, warm crumbs spilling down my t-shirt.

"Mmm. It's so gwood, Coral," I told him and he snickered.

"Um...you got a..." he started and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

Slowly, he reached over and gently brushed some crumbs from beside my mouth. I blushed scarlet and swallowed the rest of my cookie.

"Thanks," I mumbled and he smiled.

"No problem," he replied, shrugging.

"Actually it is a problem because I told you to stay two to stay out of my cookies already," a feminine voice piped up from the doorway.

Our heads shot up to meet Carol's gaze and we both grinned sheepishly in response.

"Happy Saint Patrick's Day?" Carl offered as we held out cookies as peace offerings.