Side to Side

*press play*

I've been there all night

I smiled as I touched my lips where Carl's kiss lingered.

I've been there all day

We'd spent the entire day together, just him and me. And it had been terrific.

And boy, got me walkin' side to side

Smiling again, I walked down the sidewalk to my house in Alexandria, stepping from side to side as I did.

I'm talkin' to ya

I bit my lip as my mind went back to the party earlier in the day.

~Flashback~

See you standing over there with your body

I glanced over at Carl who stood in a corner, his gray long-sleeve t-shirt hugging his body.

Feeling like I wanna rock with your body

He noticed me staring and winked at me, making a scarlet blush tint my cheeks.

And we don't gotta think about nothin'

I didn't even care what Rick would think when Carl walked over to me, grabbing my hand as he pulled me outside.

I'm comin' at ya

His blue eyes bored into mine in the darkness as we stood alone on the porch.

'Cause I know you got a bad reputation 

"I know you got a bad reputation," I told him warily.

Doesn't matter 'cause you give me temptation

He smirked and butterflies erupted in my stomach as his hands found their way to my waist.

And we don't gotta think about nothin'

His face was dangerously close to mine now and I wasn't thinking about anything but him.

These friends keep talkin' way too much

In my head, I remembered the words my friends had said - how Carl was bad news.

Say I should give you up

They said I shouldn't pursue a guy like him and that I was making a mistake.

Can't hear them no 'cause I...

But I pushed it to the back of my mind as Carl's lips connected to mine, his Sheriff's hat brushing against my forehead. He deepened the kiss and my only thought was of how his lips tasted.

~End of Flashback~

I've been there all night

I'd stayed the rest of the night with him and he even took me out of Alexandria.

I've been there all day

He showed me a secret place just for us - a place none of the others would find out about.

And boy, got me walkin' side to side

No one knew we were together yet and we wanted to keep it that way. If only I could keep the smile off my face whenever I saw him.

I've been there all night

But we still would sneak out to see each other every chance we got and that made up for not being with him during the day.

I've been there all day

Oh, and the days were so long when I couldn't feel his arms around me or taste his kiss.

And boy, got me walkin' side to side

I grinned, biting my lip as I made my way to my house, skipping over the cracks in the sidewalk. As I walked, I saw Carol watching me suspiciously from her porch.

Been tryna hide it

The smile dropped from my face and I ran into my house to be met Carl. I scowled and he walked over to me.

Baby, what's it gonna hurt if they don't know?

"Baby, what's it gonna hurt if they don't know?" he whined as I crossed my arms angrily.

Making everybody think that we solo

"Making everybody think that we're single?" I asked, finally relenting and letting him wrap his arms around my waist.

Just as long as you know you got me

"Just as long as you know you got me." he winked before kissing me.

And boy, I got ya

I melted into the kiss, my hands cupping his face.

'Cause tonight I'm making deals with the devil

He deepened it and my fingers tangled themselves in his shaggy brown hair.

And I know it's gonna get me in trouble

It was still so wrong for us to be sneaking around like this but at the same time, I'd never felt so alive.

Just as long as you know you got me

"Just as long as you know you got me." I mumbled briefly against his lips, echoing his words.

These friends keep talkin' way too much

In my head, I remembered all of the things my friends had once said about him and I couldn't help but thing they were all wrong.

Say I should give you up

They had said I should give up my crush on him.

Can't hear them no 'cause I...

But they had been wrong! Carl was my everything and I wouldn't give him up for anyone's sake! Not even ones who had claimed to be my friends. If they had been, they would've known I couldn't.

I've been there all night

Carl stayed the rest of the night at my house, just talking and laughing with me.

I've been there all day

Well...maybe some kissing too. It had been a perfect day we'd spent together.

And boy, got me walkin' side to side

He sneaked out of the house early the next morning and I grinned as I watched him, a huge smile on his face as well.

I've been here all night

I sat up in my bay window and watched him walk off down the road, his Sheriff's hat the last thing I saw before he faded away.

I've been there all day

The sun was just coming up over the horizon and I smiled as it filtered into the house.

And boy, got me walkin' side to side

Ah, that boy. He'd always be the one for me - no matter what anyone would say.