Day 78: You and a Friend

I had such a great day today.  Nineler came to visit me!  She staying the night as well.  Right now she's lying on the floor in a green sleeping bag using my Kindle to find her way home tomorrow.

Today's post was perfect!  I got to spend time with a friend in a very excited and slightly overwhelming place...New York City!  I have never seen so many people in my life.  I was just kind of following Nineler in a daze.  I was probably an obvious tourist.

We took the train into Grand Central Terminal which is so amazingly beautiful.  We wondered the streets and eventually found Time Square.  For a very long time I had this image in my mind of what Time Square looked like...it was nothing what I pictured at all. There were SO many people there I felt like I was in this dream or something.  It was so overwhelming yet amazing!

After Time Square we went to Central Park.  We of course had to take the subway.  At the park we walked and walked and took in all the beauty.  Nineler kept saying that we were at the end of the park...I kept trying to reassure her that there was a lot more park to go.  We finally found a map and to our surprise (mine included)  we'd only walked a fourth of it!  We were in there forever!  We didn't even make it to the reservoir which is supposed to be huge...I can't get over how big the park is.  Again, I had this image of the park in my head.  It was supposed to be this small thing in the middle of the city.  Nope, HUGE!

After this our journey was through.  We found the subway and made our way back to Grand Central.  In Grand Central we bought chicken dogs (one of the best ones I've ever had) and cheesecake.  We then ate those on the train as we waited. 

Now we are back home.  I'm supposed to be sleeping but I just had to post this for tonight.  One last thing.  We had a guy ask us to go to the Statue of Liberty with him...he told us he'd go to Central Park when we were done at the Statue...creepy!  Someone tried to sell us a coupon to a hair salon (or at least I think that's what it was for).  And, we almost had ourselves drawn but never went back.

The first 3 pictures are us in Time Square, the last one (bottom right) is us in the train eating our hot dogs.