Day 52: A Picture of Your Favorite State

I have a favorite state but I'm not going to tell it to you because my family still lives there (even though I do not).  I miss the state very much but I love the new state that I'm in.  There is a new kind of beauty and adventure that I face everyday.

Because I've eliminated posting my favorite state that leaves me with a dilemma.  I don't have a second favorite state.  I've been to several.  California, Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa (I think), Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, New York, and Connecticut.  (Wow, I'm just realizing how many places I've been, this makes me happy.) 

My favorite state is somewhere in that mix of states.  I cannot choose a second, it's nearly impossible.  So I will tell you about New York.

First, it's busy.  Second, the streets are too small.  And third, it's so very beautiful.  If you have not guessed yet, this is where I am right now.  I must confess that when I think of New York my mind instantly thinks of New York City.  I think of skyscrapers, taxis, and the subway.  But I do not live in such a place.  Yes, when I drive to the store I can see HUGE buildings.  But I've never driven to them. 

On my way to my new house I was able to see New York City from a distance.  From the plane it was breathtaking.  It was dark outside because it was night but the city was lit up.  But I do not live in the city (luckily).

I live a beautiful village (yes, I live in a village.  Not a town, not a city...a village).  To me it almost feels like I'm living in the canyon back home (only the elevation is literally thousands of feet lower than back home).  The trees are so big, the ants are too, the squirrels play in the yard, the raccoons get into the garbage, and the roads are so very much NOT straight.  Seriously I think that the village was built and the builders suddenly realized they forgot all the roads.  So, in the face of such a dilemma, they threw in a road here and there wherever it fit.  

I really do love this place, I miss my old home, but I love this place.