✶Fifteen: Blame The Chocolate

Svetlana

Everyone is watching the four of us walk to class. Izzy and Edwardo are waking closely together; Jasper and I are just a few steps behind them, holding hands. I can hear the whispers, however, I'm not paying attention to anything except the man beside me, and the feel of his icy hand in mine.

Iz and Edward step into Biology, leaving the two of us by the door. Jazz lifts my hand and presses his cool lips to my knuckles, causing my heart to flutter in my chest. He flashes that crooked grin I love and lets me know he will be here when the bell rings. My eyes follow him when he strides away with his supernatural grace.

I'm smiling like an idiot as I take my seat next to Angela. Still experiencing the sparks from his touch while sliding my bag from my shoulder and placing it on the table. A blissful exhale escapes my lungs before I peek over at the brunette on my right.

Angela turns her head towards me with a gently smile on her face. "You two make a really cute couple."

"Thank you." I feel myself blush—for like the hundredth time today—and I try desperately to control my smile.

And like old times, Angela pulls me into a hug, which I return. I have always liked Angela. Before I moved in with Iz, she was the only person in this school that I actually felt comfortable around. Sure, I had to keep my turn identity a secret, but she never pried or asked any questions that were out of the ordinary. And I really miss that normalcy in life; I'm sure Nan would love having her around again too. In that four second hug, I come to the conclusion that I should hang out with her more often.

When we pull apart, Mr. Molina backs into the room, pulling a tall metal frame on wheels that holds a heavy-looking, ancient TV and VCR. He is skipping through a section he isn't particularly interested in—genetic disorders—by showing a movie for the next three days. No notes, no test-able material. Three free days. Everyone's emotions pick up instantly to the news.

It didn't matter to me, either way. I don't plan on paying any attention—I have seen this film last year. Mr. Molina shoves the tape into the reluctant VCR before walking to the wall, turning off the lights. Then moment the room blacks out, I feel it. Electricity and tension fills the air, creating a supercharged static. Looking over my shoulder, I find that it's coming from Edward and Iz.

The lack of light means little to my eyes, I can still see just as perfectly as before. The Cullen is only focused on Izzy, his hand moves toward her, just to be yanked back. My best friend appears to be in the same boat, clenching her hands into fists before crossing her arms over her chest.

A smirks forms on my lips. "Damn, I can feel the chemistry between you two from here, Edwardo."

His eyes flash to mine before he rolls them. Chucking under my breath lightly, I turn back in my seat, amused by their struggle not to touch the other like their emotions are longing for.

The movie is even more tedious than the first time, and narrator has one of those voices that make ears want to fall off. Opening my notebook, I begin to randomly doodle, trying to block out the emotions from everyone so I don't get a headache in this class like yesterday. It's difficult and doesn't exactly work, but I am able to turn the volume of the emotions down—it's the only way I know how to describe it.

"They are vampires..." Bash's voice fills my head—sounding blown away—causing me to jump and mess up the star I was drawing.