✶Ten: Date With The Stars

Svetlana

Friday morning, the blissfulness of my dream is rudely shattered as my annoying alarm begins blaring. Reaching over, without opening my eyes, I slap at my phone until I finally hit the snooze button. With an exaggerated moan, I drag myself out of bed and into the bathroom to do my morning routine.

Ugh, good thing I don't have to train tonight or tomorrow. I'm still exhausted and in desperate need of a spa day.

Last night, Kyle and I picked up were we left off from the night before. It was a hundred times easier to move the boulder, that is, until he decided it was time to move two at once. I've never moved multiple objects at once with my power, so I was a little overwhelmed. We started at nine, and I couldn't get the two boulders off the ground until almost midnight.

A handful of minutes later, I walk back into my room and to my closet, in a towel. Randomly, I grab the first things my fingers come into contact with. Black jeans, a grey long-sleeved shirt, black leather jacket with studs, and a pair of converse. After dressing quickly, I dry my hair and straighten it, deciding to wear it loose. To my face, I add some purple eyeshadow, eyeliner, and black and purple lipstick.

Just as I swipe my phone off the dark bedside table, Sebastian bursts through my room. "Hey, we never finished our conversation at lunch yesterday. Are you going to tell him?" He asks as he flops down on my bed.

"Not yet." I slip my phone into my jacket pocket and meet his bright blue eyes. "Are you going to tell Alice?"

"Well, she is my Kindred..." his words become more afflicted, "but I don't want to put her in line of danger." A flash of worry comes from him.

"Do you think they are searching for us?" I question with a concerned expression, feeling my own anxiety growing in my gut.

"No," Bash shakes his head in a quick movement. "I think our birth parents hid the fact that we existed. That they would have found us by now, if they knew about us." He sits up, looking out my window as his aura flickers with different hues of purple. "If the wrong person finds out, rumors could spread about us," he turns to look at me, "putting her and Jasper in danger. I already care too much about her to lose her."

Nan and Ian, both told us small details about the man and woman that killed our parents—basically ripping them apart. The man had long blond hair and followed our parents for years before he finally caught up to them. The woman, all we know about her is that the has fiery red hair. We don't even know why they wanted our parents dead, but Nan told us she would tell us on our eighteenth birthday. Which is only a couple of weeks away now, and honestly, I'm not sure I want to know.

Our birth mother was completely human, while our father was the Protector. She was his Protected. Female Protectors can't get pregnant; it would get in the way of the female's duty. In the community of The Protectors—when there was one—the females were the leaders. A female tends to have more powers than the males and are much stronger. And twin Protectors are very rare, so rare that Sebastian and I are the second set of twin Protectors ever. We are the most powerful—so we're told.

I walk over and sit next to him, gently holding his hand. "I know what you mean, I was thinking about that most of yesterday. But, everyday it gets harder to keep it from him."

"Then there is their secret..."

"Yeah, but with Izzy in the mix. It's only a matter of time before she figures it out," I joke to lighten the dark cloud around us and my brother's shoulders shake as he chuckles.