✶One: The Return

Svetlana

I'm currently standing outside of the house that I've lived in the past three years. Memories flood my mind as I gaze at the tan bricked, two-story house. So much has changed in my life since moving here, and now I'll be moving away. I'm going to miss this place, but I really want to be back in Forks. Where all of my old friends are. I crave the cold and the green scenery. I miss the almost constant rainfall, hardly any sunny days—unlike here. Most of all, I miss the woods behind our house and Nan.

Nan was hired by our parents to take care of us because they travel, and are never home. She has long, dark brown hair, hazel eyes, and light tan skin. She has been one of my best friends for my entire life. She lived here with us, but left last week to get our old house ready for our arrival and she got a part time job. Not like she needs one—she makes enough money just by taking care of us. She's a busy-body; always has to be doing something.

Our parents, well, we haven't really seen them since they hired her. We were ten the last time my brother and I seen them for an extended period of time. Nan was in our lives before that, she was the one who looked after us until we were adopted at the age of five. Then, about three years after that, she was officially hired—poof! they were gone. All that was missing, was a cloud of smoke.

But they pay for anything or everything that we want or need. Not really the best relationship. I used to miss them, but after finding out we were adopted, I hardly ever think of them. Nan, Renee, Ian, and Charlie have been better parents over the years.

All of a sudden, my thoughts are interrupted when my twin wraps his arms around me. I'm quick to reciprocate the embrace, already missing the overprotective dummy.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Bash!" My emotions becoming blue as I hug my brother tighter. "We have never spent more than a day away from each other." My eyes begin to burn, but I ignore it with a sigh.

"Lana, it will be okay. It's only gonna to be a week, then I'll meet you." He pulls back and gives me a half smile. "You're tough, you will be fine for a week."

I really hated the idea of being away from my twin for a whole week. Slightly annoyed over how he has to stay behind so he can finish a group project and have a whole credit in that class—or else he would be coming with us now.

Stupid school.

I huff, hugging him once again. "We both know that's true. I'm a badass." We both laugh as we break apart and I look him over.

His wavy black hair has grown out, causing his pale skin and has intense stark blue eyes to stand out. He has a strong jaw, with sharp cheekbones, full lips, and a smile that kills the girls when they see it. Not that it would matter, Sebastian doesn't date. He thinks it's a waste of time. I think he just hasn't met the right girl yet. All he thinks about is games, training, and keeping a eye on me.

I watch as he places my last suitcase in the car. "Okay, you're ready to go." He turns back to face me. "Nan already called and said that the moving trucks made it this morning, along with your motorcycle." His lips tug up into a smile.

Joy fills me the moment I hear the words and I spin in a quick circle. "Yes! I can ride in style once I get there!" I haven't seen my baby in days.

Suddenly, Sebastian's large hands land on my shoulders, "Lana, calm down, your eyes are glowing. Are you sure you will be able to stay in control and keep your powers a secret until I get there? Remember last time?" He looks at me sternly.