Carson's POV - London

Carson's POV

I closed the door behind me, pressing my back to the door.

If I saw my mom's face one more time today, there might be a Walker family meltdown.

I made my way to my bed, flopping down face first.

As if I was actually going to get some sleep.

I hadn't slept in several days, insomnia being a side effect to these stupid anti-depressants.

Don't even get me started on those.

I turned on the TV to the Olympics, tuning into some talkshow where they talked about today's events.

I thought back to Mason, and when I'd seen him when he came and surprised me for breakfast. It was the first time I'd seen him since the wedding, and he honestly didn't look healthy. Not that I'd ever tell him that. He looked exhausted and worn out to the point that it was harming him.

I did feel bad for turning him away when he came to visit me. But I'd been in one of my unexplainable moods, and people were the last thing I wanted to deal with. Even Mason.

And I felt bad about it later.

A knock came on my door, and my entire body deflated. If it was my mom, World War 4 was about to erupt.

I answered it, revealing Joseph.

"Get out of here," I ordered, with a sigh.

"Get over yourself."

I opened the door and let him in, knowing that I really didn't have a choice. He was going to come in whether I invited him or not. "What are you doing here?"

"Escaping from the lunatics."

I couldn't help but laugh as he went to raid my kitchen.

"Did you enjoy sightseeing today?" I called to him.

He came back and threw me a coke. "As much as a cat loves taking a bath."

I rolled my eyes. "I thought I made you cooler than that."

"I'm sorry, but when were you pregnant with me?" He looked around. "I missed this."

I slurped my coke just to annoy him, laughing as he pulled a pillow over his ears.

"Where's your other half?"

"Sleeping."

"What a loser."

"Isn't he always?" He laughed to himself. "But seriously, don't tell him I said that."

I flipped upside down, placing my coke on the floor. "But the London Eye was pretty cool."

"We've been on it before dumbass."

"It's still pretty cool."

He shrugged. "It gets old. All of this gets old."

"All of what?"

"Travelling around the world, pretending like we're a real family, going on family sight-seeing trips, all of it, it's all so damn fake."

"That's how life in the media is."

"It's bullshit."

"It's life."

"Why are you so philosophical today?" Joseph asked, his face appearing right above mine. "Tell Joseph what's on your mind."

I splashed his face with coke, causing him to crack up.