Chap. 27

“I cannot move it,” I informed Eileen.

“Just rotate it for me,” she ordered.

I let out a soft groan as I rotated my shoulder, and only made it once around.

“It’s so tight and painful,” I said, through gritted teeth.

“Zoe,” Eileen called into the intercom.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Can you come to Mason’s room?”

“Yeah, okay.”

“What’re you doing?” I hissed.

“She’s the only one that will be able to massage out your shoulder,” she defended.

“She’s going to freak out.”

Zoe came in, looking slightly confused.

“I need you to work your magic on Mason’s shoulder,” Eileen informed Zoe. “I’ll be back when you’re done.”

“What’s the matter with your shoulder?” Zoe asked, a look of concern on her face.

“Nothing too serious,” I said, closing my eyes to try and ignore some of the pain radiating from my shoulder down my arm.

“Sure,” she said, obviously not believing me. “Lie down.”

I did as I was told, letting out a soft groan.

“It’s bad,” she promised, as she worked her way around my shoulder blade. “You’ve got a problem here.”

“Please Zo?”

She sighed. “Only because I can’t resist you.”

I flashed her a smile and she began to dig in, working her way around the blade.

I took a pillow in my right arm and pressed my face into my pillow, gritting my teeth.

“I’m so sorry,” Zoe apologized, as she murdered my left shoulder. “Really babe, I hate that look on your face.”

“It’s okay,” I said, through gritted teeth.

“Oh yeah,” she scoffed, with a laugh.

Eventually she released my shoulder, un-straddling my back. She called down to Eileen through the intercom, asking for ice.

“Don’t move,” she ordered, as I went to get my phone. “Your shoulder is going to flare up and you need to ice right away.”

“Okay,” I agreed, resituating myself.

I jumped as Zoe laid an ice pack across my shoulder, never even hearing Eileen come in.

“You did some damage,” Eileen said, peering under the ice pack. “Nice work sweetie.”

“Oh yeah,” I supported, sarcastically. “Nice work.”

Zoe chuckled.

“Why are we all gathered in Mason’s room?” Ethan asked, walking in.

“How’re you feeling dear?” Eileen asked.

“A hell of a lot better, no thanks to Cody.”

“Speaking of Cody,” Zoe said, with a smile, “is he here?”

Ethan nodded, and Zoe kissed my cheek before leaving.

“When I get my hands on that son of a bitch,” I muttered.

“Oh yeah, I’m sure you’ll do some real damage with your bum shoulder,” Ethan joked. “Have you seen Carson around here?”

I tensed up at the mention of his name. “No, I haven’t seen him in a couple of days actually.”