Zoe's POV - Carson's Past

Zoe's POV

"You should sing," Melanie urged.

"Shut up," I ordered, picking up the last fry and popping it into my mouth.

We had the same argument every week, and I denied her every week. And today wasn't going to be any different.

"You'd kill it up there," Eli agreed, sipping on his coke.

I cringed as Britney missed her high note. "Shut up."

"You're not going to win with that argument," Ken teased, his arm wrapped securely around Eli's shoulders.

"I'm ignoring you guys," I stated, pulling a knee up to my chest and focusing my attention on Britney as she finished up her song.

I clapped for her as she took her seat, even though she honestly wasn't that great.

"Please tell me you have more fries," Chris said, taking a seat at our table. He scowled when he saw the empty basket.

"You baseball jocks order enough food to supply an army," Melanie said, laughing. "How did you run out of fries?"

"I never even got one," Chris complained.

I looked over my shoulder at the baseball jocks, who were currently ripping apart the last of the chicken wings.

"Animals," I said, laughing. "You boys are animals."

"Looks like Polly claimed the last spot," Melanie said, as Polly took the stage.

"Aw darn," I teased.

"I will get you to sing," Melanie promised.

"We're back to this?" Chris asked, laughing.

"We will always come back to this," Eli informed him, with a smirk.

Polly finished up, and the manager of the Karoake Club bid us goodnight.

"I'll walk you out," Chris offered.

I nodded in agreement and said goodbye to Eli and Ken.

"See you Monday," I promised Melanie, giving her a tight hug.

"Don't be late," she called after me. "Test in first period!"

I waved her off, pulling my jacket on as i went outisde into the cool night..

"So are you coming to the party tomorrow night?" Chris asked.

I shook my head. "Mason and I usually go to dinner on Saturday nights."

"So the boyfriend's still in-town then?"

I laughed. "The boyfriend is always in-town."

Chris shrugged. "It was different when he wasn't. You were different when he wasn't."

"I know," I agreed, as we reached my car. "But it's not like I was party central."

Chris cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Okay," I conceded with a laugh. "I'll come tomorrow."

"I'll text you the address," Chris promised.

I gave him a tight hug before leaving.

Mason was waiting up for me when I got home. He was watching TV in the living room half-asleep.

"Hey there sleepy," I said, leaning down to give him a kiss.

"Hey," he mumbled. "I was waiting for you."