Chapter 18 [Plot Twist]

Santana went even closer till her and Dani's lips were inches apart.. "i'm gonna get you back even if it's the last thing i do.." she said and pressed her lips on top of Dani's..

---

At first Dani was taken back, it took her a couple of seconds to acknowledge her lips were on top of Santana's,...and just for 5 seconds it felt amazing..., but nothing lasts forever..., just as she was about to kiss back she felt a stinging burn..

Her lips were ice cold and Santana's were warm..., and together they cause this...steam not the good kind, the one that stings, the one that burns, she pulled away as quickly as possible, Dani had noticed that she wasn't the only one who felt the sting, infront of her stood Santana her fingers touching her lips, touching the mark that had printed on her lips from the burn or more like chemical reaction, the same mark was on Dani...

"What.." Santana said but didn't have much time to continue, just when Dani placed her fingers on her lips, a vision hit her...

---

she ran through the forest as fast as she could but she couldn't make it that far, no human could run faster than a vampire, she knew that yet she still tried as if she could break that fact, he grabbed her by the neck pushing her against a tree, he didn't even care or seem to flinch when Dani was gasping for air while he chocked her neck harder..,she tried to get his hands away from her neck pushing it away, he smirked and grew out his fangs, just as he was about to bite her, two pairs of hands pulled him away from Dani and quickly twisted his neck, tearing his head of while Dani gasped for air and oxygen that her lungs so desperately needed.

"i told you to stay home..are you ok?" Santana said her voice filled with concern.

"i'm okay.." Dani said rubbing at the now red spot forming on her neck.

"come on let's get you somewhere safe.." Santana said as she grabbed Dani's arm about to pull her but Dani quickly managed to snatch back her arm.

"No San i'm done hiding, if it's me they want they can have me" she said as she walked closer to Santana with pleading eyes "please San..i don't want anyone to get hurt cause of me.." 

"i don't want you to get hurt Dani... you've always been selfless now it's  time to be selfish.." Santana said again reaching out for Dani's hand but Dani had pulled it back again.

"San i don't want to be selfish i wanna be brave.." Dani said as she looked into Santana's eyes 

" i don't want you to die...." Santana said as she looked away from the brown chocolate orbs that were pleading, the floor suddenly catching the attention of her eyes, Dani bit her lip holding on to her tears, she didn't want to die, but she doesn't want anyone else to die cause of her, she held out her hands and reached out to wipe away the forming tear stains on Santana's cheeks.

"i don't wanna die either" Dani whispered as a few tears managed to escape her eyes.. 

"then let me protect you" Santana said pleading as she placed her forehead against Dani's, her eyes closed, blind to anything that could be around her.

"i don't want to be the reason someone gets hurt" Dani whispered so gently as her eyes cried a river...

Both girls were to busy crying, they were both oblivious to the fact that someone was watching them...and not just anyone...but a living dead...a vampire...he jumped out from where he was hiding chuckling at the scene in front of him and catching the attention of both ladies.