Chapter 26 - Eternal Love

Oliver's POV

Four Years Later - Tuesday

My heart pounded as I quietly unlocked the door to our house with the spare key. I tiptoed through the hallway, peeping through the doorways, as I planned to surprise Evelyn and Kellin.

The door to the lounge was open. I peered around the corner and saw Evelyn with her back to me, standing up and looking over Kellin as he sat on the ground drawing. He looked up and saw me, his eyes widening and a grin covering his face.

"Dad!" He yelled excitedly.

Evelyn sighed, swooping him up off the ground and into her arms. "He's on tour sweetie. But he'll be back next week, and we can Skype him againtonight." She kissed his forehead.

I moved forward and suddenly wrapped my arms around them both, causing her to jump out of her skin. She squeaked loudly in surprise.

"Hello my lovelies." I said, nuzzling my head into her hair and breathing in her scent.

"Oliver!" Evelyn exclaimed, turning around and planting a kiss on my lips. I melted. I'd waited so long for that kiss. It had been almost three months since I had seen them in person. "Your back early!"

"I missed you to much, so we cancelled the last week of tour and refunded the tickets." I replied.

She didn't seem to care, to happy to think about those who had brought tickets.

"Dad, I drawed you something!" Kellin said, struggling to get out of his mother's grasp.

She set him down on the floor again. He walked over to his paper where it lay on the carpet, almost falling over on his unsteady feet. I walked over to him. He handed me the piece of paper, his big eyes shining as he passed it to me.

My eyes looked over the paper. I smiled. It was obviously himself, Evelyn and I.

The background I couldn't quite make out.

Evelyn peered over my shoulder. "Awe, that's a beautiful picture." She said. "Should we stick that one on the fridge too?"

"Are you kidding me?" I grinned. "We're framing this one!"

The rest of the day was spent with Kellin and Evelyn, having missed each other so much, we didn't even want to be out of each other's company for a second.

We sat on the couch with a children's movie on, as Kellin drew more pictures, while Evelyn and I coloured in. I had gotten Evelyn a book full of beautiful Japanese designs, so we were colouring the cherry tree together. I kissed her check affectionately and pulled her onto my lap.

"I love you, you know that?" I said.

"I know. I love you too."

"What about me?" Kellin asked, hurt.

Evelyn rushed to console him. "And we love you too. Very much."

All of a sudden, my pocket became heavy as I remembered what was in there. The velvet box. The ring. Fear struck my heart again. I'd only managed to forget about it for a while, but now it was weighing down on me again. I loved Evelyn so much.

She was everything to me, and so was Kellin. I wanted to promise her I'd be there forever.

Till Death do us part.

A few minutes later, Kellin said he was going to get some toys from his room. Evelyn nodded. I insisted on going with him, as I was worried he would fall down the stairs on his clumsy feet.

However, as we walked up the stairs, he seemed to be fine.

We went into his room and he took an army tank from his toy box. "Wait up." I said, scooping him into my arms before he could leave. I sat down on his small bed. "I have to show you something."

He watched me curiously as I took the ring out of the velvet box and showed him.

"It's shiny." He said as I handed it to him. He slipped it onto his finger.

I chuckled. "That's for your mother, buddy." I said. He handed it back to me reluctantly. "But I think you should give it to her for me. Ask her if she wants to marry me."

"Okay." He replied, toddling back downstairs with his tank and the ring. I waited outside the lounge, listening nervously.

"Mom." Kellin said. "Daddy wants to know if you wants to marry him."

There was a gasp, followed by a second of silence. My nerves escalated. But we loved each other so much. What reason could she have to say no?

Kellin burst out of the room and stood in the doorway. "Mommy wants me to tell you to stop being a wimp and come put the ring on her finger instead of hiding." I chuckled, and nervously shuffled into the living room.

Wordlessly, I approached her, and she passed me the ring. Her eyes were glistening.

"So, that's a yes then?" I asked, grinning.

Evelyn couldn't speak, so she just nodded, as I slipped the ring onto her finger. I even felt tears build up in my own eyes. We could cry though, else Kellin would get worried. He hated it when one of us cried.

"Be right back." I said.

I tore through the house and out onto the porch. I cupped my hands to my mouth. "Evelyn Cerulli Manson is marrying me!" I shouted as loud as I could. "Evelyn–"

Before I could shout it out again, a hand slapped across my mouth. Evelyn was behind me. She laughed, her face bright red. I let her led me back inside. I couldn't help my actions though – I just wanted every fucking person in this whole world to know that we were getting married, and that I loved her so much.

"I love you, my husband-to-be." She murmured, as she kissed me.

I thought about the first time we had shared a kiss. All the way back to the morning after her eighteenth birthday. It seemed so long ago now, as we had come so far with our relationship. The good sign was this; I still felt sparks when we touched. I still felt the rush of heat to my face when she looked at me.

Through those small actions; I could tell this love wouldn't be ending. I knew I would be holding her hand when we were shrivelled and old, coming to the end of our lives.

I'd smile, and say, 'We made it.'

__________

I said a few chapters, but this is the end... *sobs* Oh fuck, I'm getting emotional... Well hey, at least there's going to be a sequel. 

That's right folks, step right up for another terribly written book! I'll release more details when the first chapter is up. Until then, Unitatoes.