Chapter 15 - Love

Oliver's POV

Friday

Evelyn and I lay in her bed cuddling after school. Our cheeks were pressed together, our arms wrapped around each other. We were so lost with each other that we didn't hear the footsteps, until the door opened.

"Ev– Woah!" Marilyn exclaimed as he came in, seeing us cuddling. "Aw that's cute..." Then his expression turned stern. "But you best not go any further with my baby."

I chuckled. "Of course not." Suddenly images of yesterday were flashing through my head. I grinned.

"Oh, please tell me you haven't already." Marilyn asked with a heart broken expression. He wanted Evelyn to stay his baby forever. He still saw her as the precious little girl he had seen when he held her for the first time.

"We haven't dad." Evelyn said, blushing. He believed her.

"Good." He thought for a moment. "Well fuck. I forgot what I came up here to say to you now."

We all laughed, and Marilyn walked out, saying he would come back when he remembered. Just as he closed the door, it suddenly flung open again, and he ran into the room as if he were an excited child.

"I remember!" He exclaimed. "I'm going on tour again!"

Evelyn looked excited for him, but I could tell she was a little sad too. "How long?" She asked. "When does it start? Where are you going?"

"Four months..." Marilyn trailed off, the excitement leaving his voice little by little as he remembered what tour meant for him and his daughter. "It starts next week on Monday. And... it's an American tour..." By the time he answered the last question, he sounded deflated.

"Dad, don't be like that!" Evelyn said, forcing a wider smile. "This is great! Your going to have fun!"

He frowned. "I'm going to miss you." Begrudgingly, he added, "And even that boyfriend of yours." My face lit up. It was glad to have conformation he still liked me, even though I was with his 'baby.'

"Which brings me back to why I was so happy!" He said, suddenly changing moods. I could no longer tell which was an act; his sad expressions; or his happy ones. "I'm not just going to have fun, we are! Your both coming with me!"

For a moment Evelyn and I were in shock. "What?" We spluttered in unison. I let Evelyn talk first. "Dad, we would love to come, but what about school? And Oliver's parents might not want him gone for four months."

I chuckled when she said that. I had a feeling they would appreciate a break from me.

__________

Next Week – Monday

Evelyn, Marilyn and I had just sat down on the plane. We were in first class. Evelyn and I said it would be much cheaper to just fly normally, but he insisted to go all out. Especially since this was my first flight, he had said.

Being in the air was nerve wracking. I didn't like it at all.

But with Evelyn sitting on my lap and holding my hand, it was bearable. I melted as she leant back further onto my chest. I let go of her hand and wrapped my arms around her, resting my head on her shoulder.

"Go to sleep babes." She said. "The flight should be over when you wake up."

"And will you still be on my lap?" I mumbled, holding her closer.