Library In the Rain

We walked through town passing different store just chatting"Hey Kaoru" logan poked me "I know your Japanese but what about a chinese resteraunt?"Kiyo and I stopped and looked at him "That would be interesting we don't have "american" resteraunts I gues we just have Mcdonalds and thay call it an american resteraunt...""we just had pie though!' noah said looking at him. and logan sighed "I meant for lunch, chill""sure  I guess"we where walking and talking so we wheren't paying attention when suddendly Noah ran into a small girl dressed strangly in long sleved clothes with a black veil over her face and gloves you couldn't see any of her face, she looked about 9 years old not too much younger then us but she was by herself. she didn't even looked up she mumbled "sorry" quietly and hurried on past us we turned to watch her go. "What a strange girl.""Her voice" noah said "I can recognise it without a doubt after listening to you two talk she sounded at least asian-ish.""oh well" We said and kept walking but the girl for some reason kept on tugging on the back of my mind. "koaru!" kiyo grabbed me "What!'I said snapping at him "You almost walked out onto the middle of the road! we have to watch here the streets are busier in america than back in nippon!" he yelled at me in japanese I look around a realizing we where at a crosswalk waiting for the cars to stop passing. "oh""AAGH" logan put his hands to his head. "don't do that we don't speak japanese!""all i did was tell her to watch out" Kiyo said to them..in english and they laughed the little pitcure turned to a person and we ran across. "What should we do now" Kiyo asked "maybe lets go to the library!" I said "maybe it would help my english""sure I guess I need to pick up the next fruits basket manga anyway" Logan said and I giggeld and said to kiyo "Amerika-jin otakus" and he burst out laughing"what does that mean!!!" Logan snapped"uuh it means Americans who are obsessed with manga and anime." Kiyo said"oh really?" noah said" that was really short for such a sentence""Amerika-jin" I said in a sracastic duuuhhh voice "means American and otaku is a word for people who are obsessed with anime and manga""oooh" Logan said blinking "ok" I felt something drop on my head and I looked up dark clouds where moving in "WE should get to the library quick its about to rain!" I said and broke into a sprint just as it started to pour the where runnigna fter me I remembered where we pointed t the library a little ways across and up the road from the starbucks. and We ran inside our clothes wet and i looked at my shirt noticing it pulling heav and sticking to me I turned to kiyo "I really hope no one from school is in here she said and kiyo nodded noticing the reveiled curves from the now heavy fitting clothes.we shoook ourselves off and found looked around this library was huge the ceiling was so high up and so where th bookshelves. there was a small computer labe off to the left and the maintinence desk tothe right. we kept walkoing "downstairs is the chilrdens library and right there" he spun around directly to the left of the dark brown  desk was a small bookshelf "is our library's sklimpy supply of manga and comics."american comics or so childish and lame" Kiyo said "I know" Noah said turning to look at us excited but his eyes met mine and he shied back "i mean thats why we like manga so much they are definitly more mature then the american comic...." his voice sorta drew into a mumble and trailed off.I let out a giggle and walked over to the mangas and picked up one "eeww its in english" I said"what would you expect it to be those ARE english dubbed manga we are  IN america " logan rolled his eyes and winked at me I llaughed "I mean you guys seriously use coorperation english translated mangas?" I asked and they turned their head to the side."sometimes" I said giving them a "duhh" look "online user translated manga is better because they use straight translations and put them in ways that can be understood by you guys but they don't take any of it out because it "isn't appropriat in america" she said "I mean come on you americans are such clean people and so up tight" "ha not really" Logan laghed "we are very ill manered people.. just that we have ..well most of us have.. strong feelings against swearing thats kinda it and very protective over their children.... otherwhise especially teenagers... veery innapropriate""ooh 'kay" I said flipping my head back. and laughing I grinned and people gave us a look as if o remind us we are in a library and should as americans would say "Shush it!" haha so amuzing I'm not sure why but that girl we had run into before began tugging at the back of my mind again.  I shook my head she was jsut very strange and lookes lonly I felt real bad for the child. The way she was dressed made you almost think she was in some kind of strange religion or a cult. ohwell I thought to mself. Hey!" Kiyo called to us from te door "It stopped raining!"

"That was a really short rainfall" Logan said "Crazy Weather . so what do you want to do now" he stared at me "Oh I have NO idea....What time is it?" 

Noah looked at his wristwatch and mumbled "Like lunchtime"

"so are we going to the Chinese place for lunch then?" Logan asked

"Wait.." I said "I don't feel right leaving the library wihtout a book s oi think i'll get one, lus it'l help my english better."

"Yeah me too" Kiyo says "Don't w need a card?"

"YEah we'll help ylu get one set up but you do need your student ID did you bring that ?"

"I have mine" I said reaching into my pocket "it's in my wallet"

"oh.." Kiyo said "I didn't think about binging mine"

"Sorry!" I said "You can get a book from my card for now!"

"Naw" he said "I think I'll just wait"

"Oh ok.." I said and ran to get a book. I decided to go to get a real book not a manga something merican that  I would have to learn things from. So I foudn a series wiht a cat on the front and immedietly I got excited I picked up the first book and it had a little orange cat sitting in a box on the front wiht a forest background. It said in big letters on the front "WARRIORS" and smaller letters beneath "Into the Wild" "cool cats!" I said allowed and grabbed the book and ran back up front "I want this one!" I said 

"Ooh! Warrior cats series! I love those books! have fun reading it" Logan laughed an I smiled and brought it up o the counter "We need a library card for him" he said pointing to me after stting the book down "Student... Hey Koaru come up hre and give me your card" i bought up my carda and handed it to logan he gave the librarian th card and she typed stuff from the card on teh computer and printed somethihn out

"Ok.. now sign here please Mr. Kaoru Kiyoi" she seemed o say my name right but stumbled a little on the last name and I came over it felt wierd being called mr. I put my pen o the paper and was just about to sigmn when I realized "Err Signiture... I ned romaji signiture don't i...." the librarian tilted her head "Yeah " Logan said to me "I only know my first name in Romaji but I can guess m last name I'm still not very good at writing it.."

"excuse me miss" Logan said to the librarian "Is it ok if he signs it using japanese he hasn't learnd exactly yet how to write his name in english" I felt my face get sorta hot wiht embarrisment "uh sure i guess but it is on your id card if you need to see it.." te librarian said nad my face got redder "Yeha I guess can I do both? because my actual signiture is my japanese name but  i can barely write my english name.."

"Whatever" the lady said and so thats what I did.. carefully copying each symbol written as my name on the card.

"ok here you go!" the lady said after scanning the signiture she handed me back the carda and we ran ut ofthe library to Chinese we go!